Monday, January 19, 2009

An Interview

Karen over at Fresh Fixins was recently interviewed by Flea. The thing I really liked about this little blog game is that by participating in it I might be able to learn more about those of you that read this blog.

RULES:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the
questions).

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview
someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask
them five questions.

Karen's Questions:

1. Your hubby has an animation character nick name. You may reveal if you'd like. If you were any animated character who would it be and why?

I actually revealed that Mr. Macchiato is often referred to as Eyeore last week. Something interesting (to me anyway) that I did not mention is that before I met him, on the night I graduated from high school and went to Disneyland, I paid for a 5x7 photo of me with Eyeore.

Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She is by far my most favorite animated character. She is responsible, loving and looks beyond the outward appearances.

2. Where have you lived that you liked it the best?

Being an army brat... I was born in Germany and have lived in California, Washington, Texas, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. Since I've been married I've also lived in Mississippi and Colorado. I've liked and disliked things about each place that I've lived.

Germany: I don't remember because I was too little.

Wisconsin: I have only the memories of a small child and those revolve around my family. I do remember the snow and playing with my Dad in it. I also remember him making a snowman with legs and when we came home from somewhere someone had taken the carrot that was its nose and placed it somewhere inappropriate.

Texas: I was still very young. I did not like the weather there at all. It was hot and dusty with few trees.

Washington: Washington is incredible! You've got the ocean, mountains, rivers and tons of trees. It is gorgeous! However, it is overcast and rainy too much of the time. The majority of our families live there so we miss it. If we were ever to move back I would not want to live near any of the big cities. It is just way too crowded.

California: I think if we were rich and could live north of Santa Barbara or in Monterey... I would love it! However, we lived near San Diego when I was in Jr. High and High School. My husband and I later lived there for six years. He worked on Wilshire Blvd. in L.A. and we lived in Pasadena and then Ontario. We were there during the L.A. Riots and the Northridge earthquake. Neither of us ever want to live in California again. It's like Ninevah. I do miss being able to go to the ocean.

Pennsylvania: It is beautiful there. Lots of trees and very green. We lived near Mt. Pocono which is in the northeastern portion of the state. The winter was awful. It felt like the nasty, dirty snow hung around for months. Here in Colorado Springs it snows often but melts soon after. The people were hard to figure out. They weren't unfriendly but... so many of them were honest to the point of being rude. I never felt comfortable there.

Mississippi: Never in a million years did we ever think we'd live in Mississippi. It is a different world in the south. It was definitely a culture shock for us coming from the west coast. It is beautiful there. We miss the sound of the cicadas, crickets and frogs... We miss the sound of the rain and the thunder storms... We don't miss the bugs or the humidity or tornados. Mostly, we miss the people. We miss the sense of community, the friendliness, the respectfulness and the formality. Of all the places I've lived, I liked the people in Mississippi the best. We've made good friends and there are great people in all the places we've lived. I'm talking about the strangers and their willingness to talk to you or to help you if you need it.

Colorado: Is the most beautiful place on earth. Only Florida has more sunny days than we do. We may be frozen... but, the sun is shining! It would be perfect here if there were more water. Better yet, the ocean. And if the people were more friendly. This is the most unfriendly place we've ever lived. I am definitely a mountain girl.

So, to answer the question, my most favorite place to live is a toss up between Colorado and Mississippi.

3. Describe your favorite outing, where you would go and what you would do.

My favorite outing is camping right here in Colorado. We have a 30 ft. trailer. It is like dragging a cabin wherever we want to go. No sleeping on rocks, going potty outside or in a nasty outhouse, the ability to take a shower after hiking, and a heater. It is awesome.

4. Do you have a favorite read?

I read very few novels. I gravitate more toward non-fiction. Jane Eyre and The Secret Garden are two of my favorite novels. I like true stories the best. Especially ones where the people overcome insurmountable odds and the ones where ordinary people do great things.

5. If you could have magical powers to change things with a twitch of your nose, what would you do? You could only have this ability for one day.

This is actually a hard question. Of course, I would want all sufferring in the world to end. But I don't think that was the kind of answer you were looking for. I think I'd like to be able to see the hearts of those around me and to understand what motivates them.

So... let me interview YOU!!!

15 comments:

Angie said...

>>I like true stories the best. Especially ones where the people overcome insurmountable odds and the ones where ordinary people do great things.<<

Me too! I'd love to hear some of your favorites in this category. I just finished "Apollo 13" for the third time. I also enjoyed reading about Ernest Shackleford's expedition to the south pole. They didn't make their goal, but it is an amazing story of survival.

Just Me said...

Hey, that was cool. I'd like to play, but I don't think I could come up with such interesting questions for someone else.

SheroSkyKnight said...

Interview me, I think it would probably be good since I may be related soon.

MaBunny said...

She asked some very good questions. Loved the answers, but I've done so many memes lately that I don't want to be interviewed!
Hope you have a great day!

Gladys said...

Not all of Texas is yucky. You must have been in my neck of the scrub brush. My favorite place in Texas is the hill country area. Lots of lakes, trees but not so many you can't see the sky and best of all NO humidity.

I love getting to know you better.

Oh and as for UNFRIENDLY people um, yeah I agree.

Flea said...

Oh what fun. :)) See my double chin?

Melody said...

I'm game.

Karen Deborah said...

very good job, provocative answers, I am thinking of a song , do you know it? "Getting to know you getting to know all about you, getting to like you getting to like what I know....." whatcha think?

Elysa said...

Fun! Send me some questions if you get the chance and I'll answer them for you.

BTW, I know you don't read fiction much, but one of these days you just GOTTA read some Lisa Samson and Claudia Mair Burney books. You'd love their wit, gritty honesty, and grace, grace, GOD'S grace that you will find in them all! Okay...maybe not in Lisa's older historical romance ones, but definitely in her contemporary stuff.

Oh...and Mississippi really liked you, too!

Loving you in that friendly state,
Elysa

Deborah said...

Hi CB! You can interview me...but make the questions easy please!
:0)

Robyn said...

Wow, I must have been led to your site for a reason. I randomly clicked on your screen name at Pioneer Woman and found you. Your comment, "I believe God intends for us to find contentment and joy in the midst of life's circumstances as we struggle through." in your About Me section really hit home today. Thank you. So, in honor of wanting to meet other Christian women, online is cool, INTERVIEW ME, please.

thislittlepiggy said...

I'm an Army brat too! I don't remember Germany either. I was only 2 when I lived there. ;o)

I do NOT like the sound of cicadas. Shudder.

noexcuses said...

Hi, CB! I would love to be interviewed!

Also, how can I subscribe to your blog? I don't get around all of my favorite blogs all the time, but if I follow you, it will pop up on mine when I sign in.

We have Cicadas here too, and I also miss the ocean of Southern California!

Sandi McBride said...

ah yes, interview me...I like the last one best...reminds me of a good old Irish quote...went like this
God may all of mankind love me
if all of mankind kin na love me put a kink in their ankle so's I'll know them by their limping...
I'm having coffee now...want a cup?
Sandi

Sarah said...

ooh, pick me!