Monday, January 26, 2009

I am SO TIRED!!!

I'm just having a grand ole time round these parts this mornin'. Just. Grand.

The phone rang at 3 am to alert Mr. Macchiato to the fact that the alarm went off at work. So, he got up and went down there to check it out.

The police must have just driven by because they were not there. He went in to see what was going on and I hadn't heard from him so I called him on his cell. I didn't like the idea of him being there alone. He then informed me that for some reason the women's bathroom was locked... the bathroom that has roof access. He went to get a key and I told him he needed to call the police because someone might be hiding in there. He's was all, "no one is in there." Which made me mad. I then told him to at least go get a knife from the kitchen before opening the door... which he thought was ridiculous. I wouldn't let him get off the phone with me until after he opened the door... I guess so I could hear him being killed and be able to call the police. No one was in there and the hatch to the roof was latched.

He was able to determine where the alarm sounded and it was an outside door. There was no melting snow or mud and there were no footprints outside the door so he called the security company and told them to get someone out there this morning to figure out what is wrong with the alarm.

He didn't get home until 4:30 am. And he was a popsicle. He got to crawl into a warm bed and I'm glad. Even if he did freeze me. Of course, we got up late and were dragging round. And... Double Shot was pure joy. I took his cell phone away, he's not driving, he's not going to any sports practices this week, and he's on lock down. He's got a ton of missing assignments and his grades are completely unacceptable. I was standing in the kitchen... handing his medicine to him... juice and toasted bagel with cream cheese to eat in the car, and the lunch that I made him... and he's was acting like I'm some unreasonable psychotic hag because I took his cell phone away. I wanted to beat him with the broom.

So. I know how this goes. Today is going to be one craptastic day. I have to get Lu Lu to the groomer so we can have her shaved so I can keep her clean... and so it is easier to get diapers on her. And I'm taking her to the vet for bloodwork to see what her kidney function is because she might have an infection that we could treat easily and give her some more time. Then I am going to pick up that beast of a son of mine and I'm going to have to play warden until his father comes home. He'll, of course, try to sneak off somewhere and go to sleep instead of doing his homework.

AND it is frigid butt cold.

Check out these interviews: no excuses, merrie melody, peanutbutterandbaconsandwiches, Oh boy... I just looked at the clock and I've got to RUN! Ladies, I have not gotten to read through your interviews yet but will later. I cannot remember who else has posted an interview. I'll have to look back through later. If you have and I haven't linked to you, let me know!

Awwww... I just got a call from my monster! He used the office phone at school and said, "I'm sorry for being a butt face mom." He's still coming home to Nazi Mama though. I'll make him a nice snack and some hot chocolate before I start cracking the whip.

13 comments:

Gladys said...

OK I'm going to let you in on a secret. I stopped having craptastic days. I decided to just say NO to them. So I don't. I just change the way I think of stuff and recognize when someone else is trying to make their problem my problem. Your son is trying to make HIS problem your problem. It's not. He needs to own it not you.

Now go forth and have a wonderful day. Yes it's cold, yes kids are a pain but life is still good.

claudia said...

I'd be so scared of Mr Macchiato going into a situation like that. Geez!
And kids? Well...they aren't my favorite people this week. Mine have gone off the deep end. I am barely tolerating them until I can come up with a solution.
Dropping them off in the Nebraska safe place is not an option, they are too old and will find their way back home.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Giggles at Claudia... love Gladys' answer cause darn it all she is right... MArtha has pulled the call from school I'm sorry bit only to come home and show out worse... arrgggggg. Hope he is serious and DONT back down!
you know what finally happened with Marthas cell phone... itty bitty peices in front of her eyes which she wrapped in a wash cloth and burried in her drawer till i found it and put it in the trash can.
Have a fantastically fantabulous day and I hope the pup is ok and the infection is easily treatable.
HUGS Laura

Angela said...

I love those times when the children come to you and say sorry...sure helps soften my heart, that is for sure..((hugs))

Deborah said...

hi cb...I posted my interview too.

jojo said...

awwww mom...

Flea said...

Gladys is right about your Monster. My kids are so abused that they don't have cell phones. And we've had the same issues with grades. Ugh.

Elysa said...

Awww-w-w-w...so sweet of the man chld to recognize what he's being and then apologize. Sure does go a LONG way. I should know. I've got one I'd LOVE to hear the same sort of thing from just about now. Sigh.....

Junebug said...

Don't kids just melt your heart when they apologize?

noexcuses said...

Looks like you have the male version and I have the female version. God help us all if their paths ever cross!! She skates along through the quarter, is surprised with the bad grades at progress report time, then shifts into high gear and manages (how, I will never know) to get those grades up to a respectable level by report card time.

Hang in there! Hugs to Lulu from Tootsie!

Chris H said...

Darn kids! Where in the 'You are About to Have a Baby' Book did it tell you they morph into bloody MONSTERS??? I am sure if we really knew just how they would turn out we would shove them back in the oven! lol

thislittlepiggy said...

So... Did you beat him with the broom?

ElphabaWickedGal said...

Hey, there! It's Virginia! Love your blog, btw.