Friday, January 2, 2009

Duped

A friend of Frappy's came by yesterday afternoon and kidnapped her so Mr. Macchiato decided to take Double Shot and I out to a Mexican restaurant that he'd been wanting to try. It is a family owned restaurant that is located in a strip mall. We were pleasantly surprised as we walked through the doors into a very spacious and nicely decorated place. We were quickly greated and seated.

Mr. Macchiato enjoys Gordon Ramsey's show, Kitchen Nightmares. After watching that show you can't help but look at restaurants differently as well as carefully consider the food you are eating. The salsa was very good. They also brought out a dish of some kind of Mexican coleslaw that we were impressed by. We ordered our food and then continued to admire our surroundings as we quickly made our way through our basket of tortilla chips.

We did not wait long before our food arrived. The plates were hot and the food was well presented. Mr. Macchiato and I choose the same enchilada dish, his with shredded beef and mine with pork. Double Shot ordered a large combination which included a shredded beef enchilada, tamale, and chile relleno as well as rice and beans. Mr. Macchiato took a bite of his and thought that they had mixed up our orders, so we traded. I was hungry and it tasted good but bland. Mr. Macchiato was not impressed and decided when he was almost finished that we had, in fact, been served what we ordered. It's pretty funny that it took us both awhile to determine which was which meat. They tasted the same.

Double Shot did not finish his meal, nor did he want to take the rest of it home. Mr. Macchiato declared we would not be going back there as we made our way home to get the DVD's we needed to take back to Blockbuster. Mr. Macchiato hadn't been in the mood to have Double Shot drive. When we got into our driveway Double Shot asked if he could drive to Blockbuster. Mr. Macchiato went into the house to get the DVD's as Double Shot got into the driver's seat and started making adjustments. When he returned with them he said, "Why don't y'all go on without me."

What the heck?!?! Not only did I have to go to Blockbuster with Double Shot driving... we were in Mr. Macchiato's Expedition! I have a hard enough time with him driving my Trailblazer which is much smaller. I gritted my teeth and tensed all my muscles. We needed to turn left at the stop sign but he started to go straight, stopped in the middle of the intersection, threw it into reverse and then drove backwards while facing forward. Great.

We were soon out on the main road and his rate of speed was alarming to me seeing as the slow down time is a bit longer in the Expedition because it is a very heavy vehicle. We went through our normal back and forth with him telling me to chillax. That is teen for chill and relax and it always makes me feel old because I think it is a stupid word. He whipped into the parking lot of Blockbuster and made my head spin by immediately turning into a parking spot on the side of the store much too fast. I was surprised when I got out to see that it just may have been the most perfect parking job I've ever seen. He was dead center in every way. Hmmm...

We goofed around in Blockbuster as we usually do. I even got a sneak titty twister in when he was too lazy to put a DVD back where it belonged when we found a better one. He still begs for candy while we are standing in line. I said NO. I was so thankful that there wasn't someone's kid banging away on the Guitar Hero Band drum set demo they have parked in the middle of the store. Every time I've been in there since they got that thing there has been some kid on it making me want to yank the power cord out and send the kid out of the building. I've had to settle for just trying to determine what adult they belong with and then looking at them pointedly. Aw... I talk tough. I never have given the parents dirty looks. I've just thought crummy thoughts and gotten out of there a.s.a.p.

The Blockbuster is in a larger parking lot for a bunch of different stores. Double Shot drove through to the very end so that he could make a right hand turn out of there. As usual, there was a long line of cars. We were in the last row for parking and it is a tight turn right before the stop sign. You can sit there for some time before someone is nice enough to let you through. He didn't even come to a stop before he nudged his way out into the line forcing the next person to hang back until he could turn into the lane! HE DRIVES JUST LIKE HIS FATHER!!! I clenched down on all my muscles to the point where I am certain I pinched a nerve in my left butt cheek.

Mr. Macchiato had to have planned this. He accuses me of being passive aggressive. He was probably laughing here at home the whole time. That's okay. He'll get his... just. wait.

11 comments:

MaBunny said...

LOL, yuppers you were duped. I can't imagine a 16 yr old driving an expedition. I freaked when i had to learn in my dads oversized blue pick up truck. In a parking lot, hehe.
Yes I agree that is pretty bad when you can't figure out what meat you are eating...and it all tastes the same - blech.

Just Me said...

Oh, I'm sorry about the Mexican food. I love Mexican food, but when it's awful, it's unforgivably so.

Gladys said...

Teaching teenagers to drive is much like being the test dummy for the Yugo.

I couldn't do it. My poor daughters wanted to kill me through this process. I just refused and made their dad go with them.

Trisha said...

Isn't it frustrating when you get your hopes up about a new restaurant only to have them dashed by bad food?

And the driving thing - I think your husband deserves some really good payback!

happy New Year!

Flea said...

Oh freakin' no. Uh uh.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

giggles!

claudia said...

I was a really mean mommy when it came to my kids learning to drive. I made them all wait til they were 18 years old and then gave it over to their older friends who had been driving for years. I tried to teach my first daughter, but I did not have the patience, I still rarely get in the car when they are driving. Can you say Chicken s**t???

Just Me said...

On learning to drive, my stepfather kept promising to teach me and never did. I was on the third (and final) extension of my permit, had only been behind the wheel once in the prior six months, so I contacted and paid a driving school to teach me.

My mom and stepdad were very angry with me for not letting stepdad do the job he wasn't doing, but I didn't care. I got my license AND got a small break on the car insurance for being taught by professionals.

Alison said...

I have at least 2 years before I have to do this..I can definitely wait!!

His Living Sacrifice said...

Ahh, the joys of teenage drivers. Yep, I could picture your Hubby home with a big smile on his face.

di :) said...

glad to hear that our teenager boys in MI aren't the only ones using "Chillax" to their parents while forcing us to drive with them.