Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And the Drudgery continues...

Ugh. I over decorate. I can't help it. I'm emotionally attached to my Christmas stuff. So much of it was made by our grandmothers, my mom, me and my kids. My mother-in-law has always bought a special Hallmark ornament for each of us each Christmas. Going through them is like having a story told about each of my children. Then there are the ornaments my children made through the years... How does the time go by so fast? And all the stuff my grandma made... she died in 2000.

I have to have everything packed a certain way so I won't let anyone help me. Everything has been pulled down and is in organized piles throughout three floors of the house. All of our ornaments are individually wrapped and put into their own boxes so it takes time.

I do my "spring" cleaning after I put all the Christmas stuff up. I have a lot of ivy that has a year's worth of dust on it. I clean it before I put it back up. At this point, I am hoping to have the house clean by Friday evening. I want to get the carpets cleaned next week.

This has got to be the most boring post of all time. That was my lengthy reason as to why I am not blogging right now. Writing this post doesn't count. Not in my book. It would in Mr. Macchiato's book... but, we are going by my book here. What? You don't have a book? Why sure you do! It's right there in your little ole head.

Have a great day!!!

10 comments:

Flea said...

I'm supposed to be cleaning my carpets right now. But I really want to be researching children's book authors. So. We'll see. Have fun with Christmas stuff.

Two Dogs said...

To think that reading of someone's love of family and the reverence to those memories is boring redefines the word. Taking the time to store stuff to protect those mementos and ensure they do not get broken makes sense, too. Someone that takes care doing their work and protects those things that are important to them is the ultimate tribute to those people and things that they love. In my opinion, it is called RESPECT.

Drudgery? Boring? I think not. This post represents the meticulousness with which you protect the important things in your life.

Just Me said...

I hear you

LOUD
AND
CLEAR.

I used to be just as fussy with the Christmas cleanup. For the last couple years, though, I've kept my favorite fragile things in the basement away from my kids' grubby mitts becuase they have no respect for anything hanging on the tree or about the house.

My house smells (rugs are the worst), my dog smells, and my bedroom closet is a nightmare. I have so much to do I don't know where to begin, but my transcripts have to come first.

Angela said...

I love what Two Dogs said..WOW...Sure makes me look at things differently...Don't you feel like one amazing woman girl!! Now, you dust that ivy off real good and realize what care you are providing for your family. I do the same thing as you, everything has it's place, and stored safely!! ((hugs))

noexcuses said...

I'm the same way with the special things, like handmade, or given to me by someone who is no longer alive. It's just too difficult to get rid of it. Also, I'm saving much of the decorations for the time when the kids are grown and have their own house(if they want the things).

Yes, it's time consuming, but it shows your love for family and tradition.

Yeah, this is a post...in my book!

Chris H said...

Ha ha, if this is NOT a post, then you should not go read over half of mine!!!

jojo said...

what does it say about me that I've found the last three posts very interesting. It's like a phone call from a friend. It's exactly what's going on in my house except i'm a few days behind you. At least I know the end is insight :)

Karen Deborah said...

OK to this not a post. While we were gone our girls decided to take down the Christmas decorations. Everything that is put away is put away differently than I do it. But how anal would it be to do it over? Even I have my limits. So next year if we get this stuff out and it's not broken who knows we may be onto a new way of packing it up! It is a chore. But usually I get into a decorating rearranging mode too so it can be fun.

thislittlepiggy said...

I still have gold paper covering some of the shelves in the living room. It's not hurting anyone, right? LOL

thislittlepiggy said...

It hides the dust REALLY well.