Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Real Deal

I'm full of excuses this morning. I was hoping to post pictures of my house all decorated for Christmas last night and maybe a video of my dogs meeting a little toy dog I bought yesterday. However, Mr. Macchiato had other plans that included a dinner for two at Outback and a night at home alone minus Double Shot who spent the night with a friend. So... I have not finished decorating or cleaning and we slept in. I'm sorry I'm not sorry. So, I am going to share some pictures from our week since I found my camera chord.

This was a picture I took on the way to Double Shot's school one morning.



This is what it looked like when I went to pick him up.


The snow was melting as it hit which meant we'd have problems with ice on the roads later.

It was a very windy night.

Mr. Macchiato was in Ohio so I was up much of the night.

But JOY came in the morning in the form of a school cancellation!

And in an absolutely beautiful day!
(you don't see snow accumulation because of the wind)


I decided to tackle this here bucket of lights.


I even bought this handy dandy light tester.
I fixed half strands of many stands of lights and after some hours pulled my hair out and threw the lights back in the bucket.

Our porch light quit working. I thought I'd take it apart and whisper sweet nothings in its ear. Instead I broke part of it. And said not nice words to the ceiling.

But, I gathered myself and got it all figured out.
I'm amazing that way... sometimes.
Well, rarely.

Doesn't that look fabulous?
I'm sure we'll get that fixed before one of our parents come to visit.

This is the state of our manimal's room.
Unfortunately, it mirrors much of the rest of the house.

See the laundry just kicked down the stairs?
I did that.
Carrying a basket down two flights of stairs isn't as much fun as just kicking it down them.
When my house is clean I will take pictures.
Only, I can't clean it today.
We had to sleep in.
Then... I had to blog.
Now I think we are going to go out for breakfast.
Breakfast for lunch.
And then we have to get ready to go to a fancy Christmas Party.
Hopefully, I will get my house clean before Christmas.

15 comments:

Sandra in ABQ* said...

I don't know about everyone else, but if I had the choice between posting pictures and a date with my husband and an evening alone. I'd take my husband every time. :o) I hope you enjoyed every minute of it. The part I'm most envious of--sleeping in this morning. I'm a morning person and never can sleep in. My body has an automatic time to wake up between 5:30 and 6:00 am every single day.... Looking forward to when you do post those Christmas pictures!

Angela said...

Well your child's room is quite clean,lol, compared to my boys. My Christmas present from both of them is to go through every drawer, cupboard, under the bed, and all over the floor and get rid of clothing, papers, papers, garbage, garbage (they have a habit of keeping garbage around)and more paper, oh ya,empty water bottles, empty water bottles (I say it twice because there are TONS), empty glasses, dishes, bowls, candy wrapper, and all the XBox games on the floor (that I step on all them time).than I will be such a happy mom, till Boxing Day when it starts back up all over again. lol..
((Hugs)) love ya girl..Ok,,better back to cleaning. My daugther just came to tell me she loves doing laundry,lol. She is doing her very first load of laundry, alleluia!

Two Dogs said...

The Christmas lights thingy never ceases to amaze me. Every single person that I know takes the lights off the tree every year, rolls them up, and stores them. Fred's has a sale every single year right after Christmas and you can buy those packs of lights for two dollars. I have discarded five strands of lights every year for the past fifteen years and purchased new lights right after I do that. TEN WHOLE DOLLARS!

Just Me said...

Ditto what Sandra said.

I admit that I sometimes drop the laundry, basket and all, down the steps. I wish I had a laundry chute. I'll take a hole in the floor over the washer at this point.

Just Me said...

Two Dogs:

I've done that. I bought the after-season lights on sale, and I can't tell you how many times I've opened brand-new boxes of lights the following season only to find that THEY DON'T WORK ANYWAY!!!

Grrrr!!!

Two Dogs said...

Just Me, the plug is easily accessed even when they are still in the package, try 'em before you buy 'em. Trust me, I do it every year and have never had a single FAIL.

Gladys said...

I always stand at the top of the stairs and yell "bombs away!!". Then I drop the 6000 lbs of dirty laundry into the living room floor. Then I meander down the stairs kicking strays to the bottom. then I chase the dogs around trying to get my laundry back. Good times.

Flea said...

Yay for you, going out with the husband! I went to the zoo last night with my Hunny, for his office Christmas party. he watched Cheetahs chase down a rabbit while I talked to my cousin about her baby who was throwing up repeatedly. And a good time was had by all!

jojo said...

O.K., you're excused ;)

His Living Sacrifice said...

What a full day! You night with Hubby sounded soooooo nice. Bill and I have dates at less romantic places like Waffle House. We usually go Friday mornings when the kids are at school.

My Son's room is way worse...thank Heaven for doors.

I am envious of the snow. We got alot of rain here in the South, but no snow in neck of the woods. We pray for snow days, but seldom get them.

Hope you enjoyed the party!

noexcuses said...

Doin' loads...now that's what I call a fun time! It's nice to step back and do something different... be spontaneous! Good for you!

Karen Deborah said...

I am so laughing at these comments they are as good as your post! Gladys you are funny!
Let's see, a night alone with the love of your life or fixing Christmas decorations? NO BRAINER you win the prize! I hope you did more than sleep girlfriend!
Kids rooms? Would you really like to see a photo of Piglets room in all it's nasty glory? You would see why I call her Piglet. I suppose I should just so folks know my house is not perfect, kids do live here.
That snow looks cold. Too cold, and I'm the one who has an electric blanket.

Rick said...

Thanks for the tour. I think I saw some dust too. Better get to that.

Melody said...

Walmart has reduced their prices on Christmas lights...maybe you could give up and go buy new, like me!

Roland Hulme said...

He he! What an awesome post! The snow was beautiful, but I'm happier with it not sticking around!

I too am guilty of kicking the laundry down the stairs. It's fun.