Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Got Problems?!?!

I sure do!

#1 My back started really hurting on Saturday... this morning I can hardly stand upright!

#2 There is something funky going on with my computer. I forgot to have Mr. Macchiato look at it last night. Everything is super slow and it keeps freezing up. Typing this, I have to wait a couple seconds before each word finally appears. I had to shut everything down completely and start over before I could get this far.

Update on Grandma in Ohio: She went home from the hospital last Thursday afternoon. On Saturday evening she fell and hit her head on her dining room table. She was taken to the ER, x-rayed and given one staple/stitch on her scalp and then sent home. Sunday morning they were called by the hospital, they sent an ambulance and admitted her because the doctor felt she might have a possible neck fracture. They were not able to do a MRI until yesterday afternoon and we still have not heard the results. She's been doing well but is cranky. She keeps taking the neck brace off and throwing it on the floor. My mother-in-law is very upset and feels it is her fault. Please pray for them!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers going up for you and your family. I too have something weird going on with my computer. I think it's the flu or the crud.
My RX for you.
Do your back exercises! Drink plenty of fluids and find something to laugh and smile about. Now that will be $4000 can I have your health insurance card?

Love Gladys. It won't let me sign in as myself. ;(

Trisha said...

Coffee Bean -

Sorry to hear about your back! I have been there before and it really, really sucks! Hopefully it is just from overwork (putting up all the holiday stuff, etc) and will be better with a few motrin and rest.

As for the computer - you have to love them, don't you?

Keep your chin up!

Angela said...

SIGH..I will definitely be praying. I feel sorry for your mil...It is so difficult caring for elderly parents. ((hugs)) Holding you close also in prayers sweetie.

Flea said...

Your grandma sounds wonderfully spunky! Hope the results match her attitude. :)

Two Dogs said...

#1: It's your hamstrings. Daily stretching will help after the initial pain goes away. Welcome to your 40s. It's awesome.

#2: There is a security leak in Internet Explorer. More details will be in my daily linkdump. DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER. Load Firefox. Go Google virus should have taught everyone that, but.....

#3: A grandma is cranky? Naw......

Just Me said...

Two Dogs:

Thank you for the info on IE. I'm wondering why my geek spouse never mentioned it.

My only thought was to suggest a scan for viruses and spyware, but I imagine she already has that stuff running.

Prayers for your gramma and your back!

Two Dogs said...

Just Me, that's the thing with hacks and stuff, you get complacent and think that all of your troubles are over. IE was the main problem with the virus that brought down the Pentagon servers about a month ago. And of course we never prosecute anyone that creates problems on the webbynets, either.

Chris H said...

Sorry you are having a rough time right now... I hope you back is getting better, and your Grandma. {{{HUGS}}}

Junebug said...

Grandma sounds ikes my husband's mother. She fell off her bed and fractured her neck. She wanted to take the neck brace off but couldn't. She was 91 and a half then. It is so sad the pain they endure and the falls they take. I think an old person needs to walk around in a walker made for a baby with bumpers.