Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thank You!!!

Mr. Macchiato decided to take Double Shot to school after all. Thank you Honey!

Little Chai Tea funny for ya... she was extremely active from the get go and when she was a baby she was like this amazing little wrecking crew that would go behind me and mess up whatever I cleaned. We were having people over so I put her in her high chair with a snack in front of a video while I cleaned our tiny two bedroom apartment. As much as I had waited for her to call me Mama or Mommy she... called me Kelly. After 20 minutes or so she tired of the high chair and started calling my name. I ignored her and kept cleaning. She then switched gears and started calling Mama. She had called me Mama here and there and I really needed to finish so I continued to ignore her. She was quiet for a little bit and then she said, "Honey?" That got her out! I'm not sure... but I think that might have been the same night that Mr. Macchiato I told a bunch of little old people that came over for a bible study that the coffee was decaffeinated only to learn afterward that it was not. We still feel bad about that.

The counseling session with Chai Tea had some tense moments but, in the end, went very well. We go back next Wednesday. Really... the most progress made to date!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the prayers and please continue to do so if you feel led!

Mr. Macchiato could not accompany me to my doctor's appointment because he had to pick up Double Shot for me. Chai Tea did. She got to see the inside of my nose, throat and vocal chords and watched it all wide eyed. She went with me to another injection a couple years ago when someone in the building pulled the fire alarm just as the doctor was about to go in and we had to all go outside until fire fighters said it was okay to return. She was very sweet and I could tell she really felt sorry for me.

I've had everything that was done today done before but never all of it at once. They first shot in a very unpleasant numbing spray in one nostril that also went down the back of my throat. They then numbed the injection site from the inside using the camera and then the front of my neck. Last month was the first time I've ever been numbed. They usually just go straight through the front of my neck with a needle and use an EMG thing that is attached to my neck that emits sounds to let the doctor know when he's in the right spot. He likes to tell me I am his number one patient... number one most difficult, lol. It is extremely difficult for me to sit still and not cough while he's digging around in there with the needle. By numbing things up he is able to spend more time poking around. Today he injected 10 units unilaterally on the right side. We won't know for a couple days whether it is going to work or not.

I've was in a lot of pain once everything started wearing off. I could not feel my upper teeth at all during the procedure and it felt like I could not swallow at all (although, I could) for about 45 minutes afterward. I took Chai Tea back to her apartment and then went home and fell asleep for a couple hours. I now have a sore throat and my nose is running. I am hoping it is just a reaction from the procedure today. It seemed as though I dodged the bullet and didn't get what Mr. Macchiato had last week but now we are worried I am coming down with it.

Now, we wait and see.

7 comments:

Junebug said...

I'm saying a prayer for you that you don't get sick with what Mr.M had and that you get all the benefit of the shots to your vocal chord. I'm glad your daughter went with you.

Karen Deborah said...

the things we will stoop too to get sympathy from a teenager, well I never....
on the other hand I am totally glad that kid went with you to watch all that brutality. you must really have a lot you want to talk about; I think maybe I'd take a vow of silence that whole deal sounds STINKIN as in NASTY awful! Ugly scary yikky ca ca.

Flea said...

Now you wait and see. I'm SO glad to hear that things went well with Chai Tea. Praise God.

Chris H said...

Needles in your neck!!!! Ekkkkk, don't know how you can do it! Hope it worked for you though! Fingers crossed you stay well.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugs and continued prayers...

thislittlepiggy said...

Would a hug help? HUG

Trisha said...

Isn't the numbing stuff WONDERFUL? Personally, the stuff up the nose isn't as bad as the stuff my doctor would spray down my throat! That stuff was really nasty! Of course, my shots were not done through the front of the neck, they were done down the throat - which was an "interesting" experience. At the time, I was thankful to get the shots. Now I am thankful that I don't need them.

I am glad to hear that things with Chai Tea are going well. That has to be a bit of a relief for you! it was sweet of her to go with you for your shot!

I will keep you in my prayers - for the shot to work, that you are NOT getting sick, and that things continue to go well with Chai!