Monday, November 24, 2008

No Contest

As y'all may recall, Frappy's on again/off again boyfriend of two years, Hot Chocolate, broke up with her in September. You may also recall that I mentioned that she has a new boyfriend. We will be meeting him this week. Some of y'all suggested we have a name that boyfriend contest when I said I was trying to come up with a name for him for the blog. Well... we've got a name so there will be no contest.

First of all, little Miss Frapps is... um... quite twitterpated. From what we can tell the feeling is mutual seeing as he told her he was interested in a relationship with her... not dating. Said boyfriend is now my friend on facebook and we've had a little bit of communication back and forth... he called her a woman. I fell out of my chair onto the floor and died. Then I came back to life.

Now, this has all moved rather quickly as "relationships" often do in college. They spend a lot of time together and there are few questions I've asked that Frappy didn't know the answer to. We are definitely in new and uncharted territory as parents. We learned through Chai Tea that once your kids are a certain age that you do not have the control over them you once did. We are trying really hard to keep communication open and allow them the freedom to make their decisions, even the ones we disapprove of, and love them through.

They are killing us.

Truth is Miss Frappacino met Pumpkin Spice Latte (who will be referred to as simply Pumpkin Spice) on Halloween. We never celebrated Halloween outside of alternative church festivals... Apparently, a certain establishment made it an underage night and everyone went in costume. Frappy went as a Fairy. More and more details have been coming forth...

Pumpkin Spice was dressed all in black, including a black cowboy hat.

Pumpkin Spice: Who are you supposed to be? I'm Johnny Cash.

Frappy: Well... I guess that makes me June Carter.

Yes. My little girl. My little girl who wore glasses until last year. My little girl with the freckles on her nose. My little girl who still has her baby blanket on her bed. My little girl who loves sour candy. My little girl...

Yesterday Mr. Macchiato and I took our little girl to the mall. Pumpkin Spice works for a construction company online... he interned there last year and he wants to take her to their Christmas Party. She did not like the suggestion that she wear her prom dress... hey, it's red! We were joking with her, don't worry! We figured she should get a black dress that she could wear again... you know how we all have to have that little black dress? Anyway, we were successful and she loves the dress. She told Pumpkin Spice that I told her she has to act like a grown up at the party. That was before I knew what she said to him when she met him. Somehow, somewhere, my little girl grew up a lot more than I thought.

Frappy's friend was over for dinner and I was trying to talk her into, "Cuppa Joe," for the blog. Chai Tea is the brains behind that one and I thought it was brilliant. Her friend liked it too (we'll call her Panda). I then suggested, "Hotter Chocolate," purely as a joke. A joke that went over pretty big. But, I like Hot Chocolate so I would never actually do that. Miss Panda lets things slip... so when the story came out about when they met we all agreed he must be Pumpkin Spice.

We always thought Miss Frappy was more like me. Evidentally she may just have a bit more of her father in her... In which case, ole Pumpkin Spice might just be done.

4 comments:

Elysa said...

WOW! I'm quite impressed with the "June Carter" line. Man. I didn't know she had it in her. I agree. Mr. Spice is very well done for. ;)

BTW, I just have to say that Pumpkin Spice made me think of with Posh and the other Brit Spices. LOL!

Flea said...

Pumpkin Spice is a seasonal drink, so I'm thinking this is only temporary, mom. :)

Nyan said...

Oh my gosh. Betsie and I are in awe of (what do you call her here?) 's flirting skills. All bow down to her greatness!

thislittlepiggy said...

Snicker. Hang in there, Mom! :o)