Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Great Hair Mishap of the Day!

For those who are new to the blog... Chai Tea is my oldest daughter and we've been in a one step forward, two steps back pattern since she left home in January. Things are currently going well and, once again, moving forward.

Today Chai Tea and I went out to lunch. During the course of our fabulous meal at the Black Bear Diner, I couldn't help but notice her roots shining in her natural color. Earlier this year her hair was medium brown with strips of blue, black, fuscia, and blond. Her employer told her that her hair had to be one color so she dyed it jet black. I offered to dye her hair for her back to her natural color and she agreed.

We came back home after stopping at Walgreens and got busy... after she played with the dogs, of course. I was quite excited by the thought of having my girl looking like... well, my girl. Of all my children, she is the one I can most easily see the baby she was in her face.

Everything seemed to be going very well until I started rinsing. I had chosen a lighter shade than her normal color because I thought I should to counteract the black. Well... it dyed her healthy hair almost blonde and ... the black was still black. And she has to work tomorrow. So I took her to the beauty shop. Thankfully, they were able to fix it by re-dyeing it and cutting a good portion of her hair. I won't tell you how much it cost. I want to forget. It did turn out quite cute. She, of course, took pictures of all her hair on the floor and sent the picture to Fly Boy... causing him distress.

I then took her with me to pick up Double Shot. He had detention. Yes, I am a terrific mother as evidenced by the behavior of all of my children. I've given up any pretense of us being a good Christian family. We are just people that believe in Jesus. Anyway, Frappy calls and is upset because she doesn't get to go out and do mother/daughter stuff with me. I told her we would over Thanksgiving break while we clean. She says she's tired of the Frapparella routine. Hopefully, there's a glass slipper and prince in her future. Don't worry it was all in jest. Frappy gets plenty of attention, believe me. She sees to it!

By the way, Frappy's got a new boyfriend. We'll be meeting him over the Thanksgiving break. I'm already hard at work trying to come up with a clever name for him for the blog. Sadly, I cannot say she met him at a bible study... although, that is what she tried to make me believe. Unfortunately for her, I am the most excellent and talented lie detector. That's all I'm going to say about that.

20 comments:

Melody said...

"I've given up any pretense of us being a good Christian family. We are just people that believe in Jesus."

LOL! That describes just about all of us, doesn't it?!

Elysa said...

Sounds like a "name that boyfriend" contest is in order. ;)

And btw, I love that line, too. HA! Believe me, we have days like that. In fact, today was one. :/

Laura ~Peach~ said...

yeah what you said! Us too!
Love n hugs Laura

Brenda said...

I'm glad you had a good mother/daughter day with Chai. I looked at yesterdays and just sighed. What are you doing sneaking in and taking pictures of my house? :)

claudia said...

Oh my goodness! If we as mom's were judged by our children's behavior, I'd be sent away to a desserted island somewhere to be far away from all "normal" mom's!
I'm glad that Chai Tea's hair eventually turned out cute. At least her boss will appreciate it!
I hope that Frappy's boyfriend turns out to be a neat guy for Frappy as well as you and your hubby. I shudder every time one of my girls says they have a new beau. (Thank goodness it doesn't happen all that often!)

Roland Hulme said...

Wasn't Frappy's last boyfriend nicknamed 'biscotti?'

Trisha said...

I like the story of the hair! At least it is back to a cute look and didn't have to stay multi-colored!

Junebug said...

I agree with what Melody said. And I came to comment just the exact same sentiment. Very good!

thislittlepiggy said...

Just remember that "Cave Man" is already taken. TeeHee

thislittlepiggy said...

I should have signed that Piggy who has also given up any pretense... ;o)

Chris H said...

WE are JUST a good family... I hope! WE have had a few hair mishaps along the way too! It's fun... in an expensive way. I think a 'name the boyfriend' contest is a good idea, but we would need a description of him first! He could be tall or short, fat or thin, dark or light.... lol.

Coffee Bean said...

I think I will do a name that boy contest! I want to wait until after we spend some time with him over the Thanksgiving break. He's going to come down for a couple days and sleep in the basement (I think we'll make Frappy sleep in our bed between us).

I have seen a few pictures. He's pretty darn cute. Frappy is totally twitterpated in a way I've never seen her before (yes it is causing me concern). He's 6'2" and a JUNIOR. Oy.

Chris H said...

The guy sounds yummy, good idea to have Frappy sleep with you!
Underwear:
GIRLS: knickers, undies.
BOYS: Undies too, or jocks, dacks, boxers.

Karen Deborah said...

Being a follower of Jesus is all I ever claim to be. I have way too many warts to be a "good" anything!

Funny day, and yeah black tint is a big disaster. Hairdressers only. I just went through the same thing with Piglet. It's too much money and worth every penny.
Great post mom.

noexcuses said...

I really loved this post! I had a similar hair experience with my daughter, when she was in second grade...long story.

I think being Christian is between you and Big Guy and nobody else has any business making judgments. Go visit some churches during their teen services...you will see a bit of everything...and you will feel how strong their faith is.

You are doing a great job with your kids. They know you love them!

Can't wait to enter the name contest!

Memaw's memories said...

Wouldn't it be a dull place if we all had perfect children. However, I would have liked to have at least one out of three.

Fortunately, they have all grown up to be good adults.

So if mine made it, there's hope for yours yet.

Hang tough.

Accidental housewife said...

If hair is the worst they do...well your blessed.

My daughter is grown with babies of her own and she never ceases to amaze me with her hair color choices. I just smile and say "Thank YOU Jesus, she chose to rebel with a dirty bedroom and colorful hair and nothing more" What everybody else thinks is their problem.

Loved your story and admire your kids!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Well, you will not believe this one!! Yesterday, instead of coloring my hair the normal color, I colored mine black by accident!! LOL! So, I know what your daughter was going through! (:

Angela said...

I see melody copy and pasted the same thing I did, LOL.
"I've given up any pretense of us being a good Christian family. We are just people that believe in Jesus" I just LOVE that comment. My goodness gracious, you spoke right to my heart girl. Thank YOU! Found you at Karen from Fresh Fixins...Ok, I'm off, need to read some more of your posts..lol.
Angela

Artsy said...

Hahaha at least that didn't happen to Frappy, she would have freaked out ;p Love ya moma and loved spendin time with ya!
Chai