Monday, October 27, 2008

Yet, Another Monday

I'm not my usual Monday morning self... Instead of being filled with hope for the new week before me I am grumpy and unmotivated. If I felt like this every Monday I would hate them.

I feel like I worked all weekend but as I look around I can't really tell that I accomplished much of anything. I think it is because I did something in every room but didn't actually finish anything. I did laundry too but I somehow have 5 more loads. There are only 3 of us here! And my iron has that draggy coating on it and I don't have any iron cleaner which means I'm going to have to go buy some.

I'm also two weeks behind in my bible study homework and the class is tomorrow morning. The class is on prayer and I just don't want to do that homework right now. I'm not a rainy day Christian who just prays when things are going sour. I'm totally the opposite. I love to pray when all is well... well, and I do pray when things are dire. I pray real hard then. But... when things are not going well... when I just don't get stuff... I stop. And I brood. And I've been brooding a lot over this last year. That is why I picked the study on prayer. But, now I don't want to do the homework. I just don't feel like it.

So I am going to put on some music, get busy with the housework and try to get through this homework today. Even though I don't want to do any of it.

10 comments:

MaBunny said...

Good luck!

Trisha said...

I understand how you feel about homework - I get that way about my ASL homework and then feel bad when I am not as prepared as I should be. I do find that music always helps ANY situation!

I hope things work out for the best!

claudia said...

Just think of how good you will feel when you do get it all done.
Hang in there!

Cheffie-Mom said...

I hope your day gets better. Music always helps me feel better too. (;

Junebug said...

I just read your post below about your friend Lisa. I am so sorry to hear this. You were a real friend. God bless you.

Brenda said...

Sometimes we just put one foot in front of the other and press on. It is the right thing to do : )Hope an unexpected blessing passes your way today.

Flea said...

Ack! I need to move laundry!

Just Me said...

It's a little late in the day, but I hope you managed to get a little something done.

I understand those unmotivated, mopey Mondays all too well.

Mine was spent on jury duty. Zzzz.

Maren said...

Keep your chin up babe! And don't let guilt be your personal companion. Do what you can do, do your best that day, and then let it go!

noexcuses said...

I totally agree with Maren. You can only do so much, and still take care of yourself.

I did a Bible Study and I also was in some moms prayer groups. I have never felt so filled up and happy as when I was involved. My homework didn't always get done, and you know what? That's okay!

Hang in there!