Monday, October 13, 2008

Mom and Double Shot's Unexcellent Adventure

Mr. Macchiato went away to Jackson, Wyoming for four days. I thought I'd surprise him by completing some of my many unfinished projects. Here's a list of just a few of the wonderful things that happened this weekend:

*Double Shot had a lung function check on Friday and even though I've been the MED NAZI he's still only at 77%... only up 1% from the check 6 weeks ago... but he was only at 69% the 6 weeks before that. This is NOT good. They added two more meds and we go back in 4 weeks. This is very stressful... he did get his flu shot though. They aren't giving them officially until the 15th so I am glad that is out of the way.

*Had parent teacher conferences. All the High school teachers sit at little tables in the gym and you wander around and talk to each of them. It takes FOREVER because you sometimes have to wait in line. I made Double Shot go with me (kids usually don't go but it is very difficult for me to be heard in situations like that with all the background noise). His English teacher only has 60% hearing and wears hearing aids. She was AWESOME because she can read lips! I so need to get me some deaf friends!

*Had the SECOND new water heater installed... finally.

*Warbled the running board on Mr. Macchiato's Expedition when I got stuck in the drive through ATM.

*Finished painting Double Shot's room upstairs. It looks like crap. All of the stripes bled. It looks like crap. Did I tell you it looks like crap? It looks like CRAP!!!

*Dribbled Seahawk's blue paint in the carpet and after suffering and aneurysm just before my head popped off... was actually able to clean it up. AMAZING. It took some doing... especially since I was so upset I was trying not to puke. Spot Shot... Shot Spot (??? blue and orange can) is THE BOMB!!!

*Second trip to Home Depot on Saturday I realized that it was only 38 degrees and it was 2 pm. We hadn't winterized the trailer and there was still water in it. I frantically called our RV buddies and they had not winterized theirs either and we store our trailers in the same storage place. So they met me there after I ran home to get the keys and battery. Did I tell you I ran to Home Depot with wet hair and no coat? No? Well, I did and I didn't even grab a coat when I went back to the house... because sometimes I am just dumber than a rock. I FROZE TO DEATH. I am still not warm!

*Had all out WAR on the phone between Double Shot, Mr. Macchiato and myself as we all went back and forth trying to get the sprinklers drained.

*Went around and touched up paint in Double Shot's old room which is my new office... and the family room, bathroom and laundry room... only to realize later that I USED THE WRONG PAINT. So, what will I be doing this fine Monday? Going to buy the right color paint and FIXING IT!

AND Mr. Macchiato noticed the running board in .001 seconds when Double Shot and I picked him up at the airport. AND Mr. Macchiato has concurred that Double Shot's room looks like CRAP! AND I'm pretty sure Mr. Macchiato thinks I'm well on my way to being deaf, dumb and blind seeing as I touched up the beige paint with the greenish paint that we used in the main bathroom and it took me HOURS to figure out what it was that I had done wrong.

13 comments:

Flea said...

At least you tried, right? Sounds like a very stressful weekend. Mr. Macchiato should be empathetic.

Trisha said...

Gee you did a lot this weekend and al lhe noticed what the mistakes? Sounds like my Hubby!

claudia said...

Oh honey! I hate unaccomplishments like this! This too will pass, and you will be chuckling about it down the road. I feel for ya!

Roland Hulme said...

Oh God, you poor thing.

Debra W said...

Wow, KJ, it sounds like you have been very, very busy lately! I am catching up on your posts. Make sure you wear a coat next time you run out of the house! I was freezing just reading that!

Hugs,
Debbie

Cheffie-Mom said...

You did all that in one weekend? I think you should get an A for effort. (:

MaBunny said...

Wow, what a weekend...you surely kept busy! and phooey on Mr Machiatto that he noticed the running board right off... We don't think you are on your way to being deaf and dumb.. everyone screws up once in a while:)

Karen Deborah said...

hardy har har yuk yuk,...roflol, you kill me. What are ya'll breathin out there? SMOG? Those peek flows stinkin stink! You can't talk, the kid can't breathe and the paint job sucks so move back out here!!! come on now! you know what we say.... BLESS YOUR LIL HEART!

Just Me said...

I'm reading this and thinking, "I shouldn't laugh, I shouldn't laugh. This is awful, I shouldn't laugh."

God help me, I laughed, right aroudn the time the Seahawk's Blue paint hit the carpet.

I'm sorry you worked so hard to only have to do it again. As Scarlett says, "Tomorrow is another day."

Chris H said...

Whoops, fancy using the wrong paint! Don't think I have ever done that. Oh well, it's all good exercise right?

April said...

Oh Girl. You did have a sucky day. I hope you slipped a little extra somethin' somethin' in that diet coke with 14 limes. You definitely deserve it.

jojo said...

"I so need to get me some deaf friends" OMG...you crack me up...I may have peed a little with that one ;)
I'm exhausted just reading about your excellent adventure...I hope you didn't get too worn out. Take care...

COMamabear said...

You make my life look tame. I don't know HOW you do it!!