Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'd Rather...

Be lying on a beach... with an umbrella in my drink.

Be looking at all the beautiful leaves... within a crisp fall breeze.

Be curled up inside my bed... while wonderful dreams fill my head.

Be carried off to another land... within the pages of the book in my hand.

Oh Heck.

I'd Rather...

Be cleaning toilets! That's right! I'd rather be cleaning toilets than listening to anything more about this election!!! And you know what?!?! Even when I turn everything off... my phone is ringing off the hook! Polls... polls and MoRe pOlLs!!! Or... if you believe in what we are doing... send us some $$$.

I don't even have any Calgon.

And... I have to clean toilets anyway.

6 comments:

Flea said...

I already cleaned my toilet. And I'm ignoring election stuff. Time to go to school and play with third graders! I highly recommend time volunteered in an elementary classroom as stress relief. :)

Cheffie-Mom said...

Calgon take me away! (:

Just Me said...

Ditto on the Election coverage. Living in a "battleground state," I'm beginning to feel that the first candidate to go away and leave me alone is the one getting my vote (kidding). We're bombarded with ads, traffic-tie ups as they go to/from speeches, and those bleeping automated phone calls are driving me insane.

But hey, the Phillies won!!!!!

Ooooh! I'm glad the injection worked!!!!

MaBunny said...

We aren't getting phone calls of polls , but we are hit mercilessly with TV and computer ads... ARGH! NO MORE ELECTION CRAP!!
When you r done with your toilets , wanna come over and clean mine? J/K!! I gotta do those tomorrow

Chris H said...

Hear hear! WE are getting it here too... can't wait for it all to be over, yours and ours! Have fun with those toilets now...

Karen Deborah said...

yep yep yep, funny post and totally right on, it's almost over.