Monday, September 22, 2008

What a Weekend!!!

Look what my Mama brought with her!!! Isn't he just precious?!?! His name is Coal and he is a Shih Tzu/Griffon. He looks like a little Teddy Bear! Our very good friends who have not had a dog in a long time (I know! Isn't it a crime? Everyone should have a dog at all times!) saw all our pictures of my Mom's dogs when we got back from our trip in June (my Mom is a breeder) and decided they wanted one. Oh! He is just darling! I'm so excited because I get to play with him and love on him but I don't have to potty train him!

We went and checked in at our hotel before we delivered Coal. Really, it was so I could play with him. It is a good thing I didn't get that much time with him because... well, I might have decided I wanted to keep him and I would have ended up with no friends and... no husband.
a
I have to tell you, these beds were incredible! They had goose down comforters and pillows. And not the cheap kind like I had at home where the feathers stuck through the pillows and scratched your face all night. It was like sleeping in a cloud. Of course, I got the whole bed to myself AND all four pillows. It was wonderful. Only... now I am not content with my current bedding. Hopefully, the memory will fade and I'll slip back into blessed ignorance.

Friday Morning we were this close to the stage at the Women of Faith Conference! Wow! It was incredible and such a blessing! This is the worship team. These girls sang like angels. If you've been reading this blog you know that I cannot sing or hum due to the SD but I did mouth along and pretend that their voices were coming out of me.

Guess What?!?! We got to meet Patsy Clairmont! That there in the middle is the back of her head. I didn't ask to take her picture with my Mom... I wish I did now. It's a good thing I came to my senses and took this one, eh? We also got to meet two of her friends and fellow speaker/entertainers... Jan Silvious to the left of Patsy and Anita Renfroe to the right.
a
Don't they all have great hair? Their Mamas taught them good! My Mama had to work hard with me... when I was in high school I often thought the back didn't matter because I couldn't see it. She set me straight!

These were our seats on Friday night. There's my Mama on the left. It was scary up there! We were one row down from the very top. A group of gals came through that had to squeeze past us to get to their seats and the itty bitty Mama of that group grabbed hold of me and then my Mom. She was really scared. She sat next to my Mom and said, "How nice we get to worship the Lord up here with all the angels!" We told the group in front of us we were glad they were there when they got there because they would break our fall. It was a lot of fun!

Not so much fun that we wanted to stay up there though! This picture was taken from our seats on Saturday. Nicole C. Mullens is performing here and WOW!!!
a
Y'all, we had the BEST time! If there is a Women of Faith Conference coming near you, GO!!! These are real women with real stories and you will be so encouraged and uplifted! And you will LAUGH! Check out the Women of Faith website where you can see clips of the different speakers!
a
Head on over to Dishing with Debbie! Watch the little clip and you'll see that I won a prize!!! I don't know what it is yet, I'll let you know when I get it. Anyway, the story I left was about the time I was desperate for a shower when my girls were babies.
a
My oldest, Chai Tea, was mesmerized by the television. We really limited TV and videos but they did come in handy when I needed to keep her busy and out of things. Frappacino was in her crib asleep and there was no way I was going to get Chai Tea down. She was two at the time and naps were not for her! I decided to set her in front of the TV and take a quick shower... yeah.
a
So, I got out of the shower to find that she had gotten the eggs out of the fridge and cracked them open all over the carpet in the living room. We were renting and the carpet was new. I was very upset and called a friend. She was a wonderful mentor to me and she settled me down, prayed with me and told me how to get the egg out of the carpet (get as much up as I could with dry paper towels and then use a cloth and cold water to blot up the rest). I was worried that it was going to ruin the carpet and we were going to have to pay for it. It took me a good bit of time to take care of that. When I was done and it was clear that the carpet was fine I sat Chai Tea down.
a
I told her that what she had done was a very bad thing and that she was going to be disciplined. She sat and listened to me intently and took her couple swats to the bottom. I prayed with her and we hugged. She then looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes and said, "Mama, why no chicks in eggs?"
a
Being a Mom is so hard. You can get lost in all those day to day mundane tasks and lose perspective so easily. In many ways, it is hard for me to believe that the egg incident happened 17 years ago... My initial reaction to all of that was anger. I didn't understand why she would do something so destructive. I had been checking books out at the library and there was a particular book that she wanted me to read over and over. It was about a class that incubated chicks...
a
Perspective...
a
Oh, hey... guess what? I've adopted a boy. He's 11 and he lives in Mozambique. His name is Bernardo. I picked him because he looks like he might be angry... and hopeless. I don't know if I can... but I am really praying I can give him a little bit of hope. I haven't really "adopted" him but I am sponsoring him. I am adopting him in my heart though and even if I never get to meet him I am going to be praying for him... and loving him. Check out World Vision... maybe there's a child's life you can help change.

11 comments:

Mabunny said...

Wow, looks like you had a great time, and being that high up would have scared me to death!

Kathy said...

Cute pup! Great seats! ;-)
and a wonderful daughter memory!

Flea said...

Sounds like a great weekend. :) And holy crap! I'd have just gone home rather than sat up there.

Junebug said...

What a view from up there! I have sponsored two children through World Vision. It is fun hearing from them and the reason I picked my girl from Uganda was she had no smile on her face and she was also the first one I saw. I felt like it would be wrong to look through several children when I already saw her. I sent some extra money to her family and they have added rooms to their house and sent me pictures. Now I have a picture of her smiling! YEA.

Chris H said...

OOOO Coal is just adorable! And wow, there is no way I could have sat in those seats! It's soooo steep and high! Glad you had a wonderful trip away with your Mum.

Just Me said...

Wow, those seats are way up there. I get that same perspective at the big arena around me. I don't like being up there.

I remember you posted the "No chicks" story before, and that story reminded me to always ask my kids WHY they did something before I disciplined them. Thank you for an important lesson.

Elysa said...

Loved reading all your news! And Anita R's hair looks FAB from back there!!!!

I'm so shallow at times.....

Laura ~Peach~ said...

what an awesome time... You woudl have had to leave me in a an isle or something as I would NEVER go way up there in the nosebleeds... I am to freaked out by heights... i get dizzy when I am down low and look up at them.... have mercy!!!!
I am thrilled you had a wonderful time !!!
hugs Laura

Brenda said...

Looks like SO much fun. Those seats were scary. The puppy is adorable.

Trisha said...

Isn't it funny how you "bond" with people at events like this? AND in seats like that? SOunds like fun!

Your mouthing the songs and pretending their voices were coming from you . . . I totally understand. That does remind me though - when are you going to try to get to that doctor? I know it is a horrible fight but it may be worth it.

I am always thinking of you!

Angela said...

I love Women of Faith music CD..my daycare children will be sing,,'yes Lord, yes, Lord, yes yes yes"..lol. when I play that song. i LOVE it!~ I would love to go to a Women of Faith conference..one of my dreams