Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sigh...

Blogger is being a big pain today!!! My post has been wiped out twice when I tried to post it!

Long story short...

Frappy's boyfriend broke up with her yesterday. He was her first boyfriend and they've been going round off and on for two years. She is heartbroken and I am hours away from her and I wish I wasn't.

Our water heater is being replaced today. It leaked a good bit before we caught it... but thankfully, stopped short of the carpeted area (we also have a drain in the floor where the water heater is). Still a big pain though and ... uh... Cha-Ching!

8 comments:

Flea said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Nothing mends a broken heart like a big hug, a shoulder to cry on and lots of chocolate. You can send her chocolate, CB. And a warm, fuzzy blanket to snuggle up in.

Mabunny said...

EEEK! so sorry to hear about Frappy. She is young, and hopefully will be ok soon, however what Flea said works too:)
Good luck with the water heater!

claudia said...

UGH! I am so over broken down appliances! A water heater is an appliance of sorts isn't it? Well, I am glad that you are getting a new one in at any rate. I just got the laundry stuff all up and running again after too long of a time. (No money no fixy)
Sorry to hear about Frappy's bad news. It's hard when they are so far away, but this is what they grow up on. Although sending the chocolate and a fuzzy blanket won't hurt!

Elysa said...

I'm so sorry about the break-up. You think it's for good or just a momentary blip on the relational radar?

I remember when my first true love broke up with me. It just about killed me. It took literally YEARS before I got over him. I really loved him as much as a teenager in my situation was capable of loving someone and I missed him for a very, very long time.

Do you think it would help me to call?

Chris H said...

Ah your daughter will soon learn guys come and go... and it's all part of growing up. Bummer about the water heater, hope it isn't too expensive to replace.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugsssss

Just Me said...

Flea has an excellent idea. A little care package with some chocolates might do the trick.

Maybe a calendar of hunky-looking firefighters or construction workers will ease some of the sting too

Brenda said...

I'm sorry for Frappy. I've been through that with daughters. Time for a care package mom! It will make both of you feel better.