Thursday, September 11, 2008

hApPy BiRtHdaY Mr. Macchiato!!!

Let me tell y'all about Mr. Macchiato.

He is a construction accountant. He has never worn a pocket protector and hates all accountant stereo types. His degree is actually in Finance. His major in college was originally architecture. He is very good at what he does and has been an excellent provider for our family.

He is pretty quiet in most situations. He says he's not shy but reserved. He can make people feel uncomfortable when he first meets them and many of our friends have some pretty funny stories in regard to that. He's a very good judge of character and over the years I have learned to take what he has to say seriously where other people are concerned. He is not often wrong.

He has a great sense of humor and a love of puns.

He is tenacious. This sometimes annoys me. My natural inclination is to avoid confrontation and to keep things that are bothering me to myself. Over the years he's gotten good at reading me and will hound me until I get it out... even if it means I'm going to say something he won't like.

He's a really good Dad. There's nothing more important to him than me and our children. We didn't get to see a lot of him in Mississippi due to his job. He made really good money when he accepted a job here in Colorado for less money... and an area that was much more expensive than where we were. On paper it looked like a bad decision and there were often times when we felt that we'd made a mistake by moving... and then one or all of our kids would say that it was better here because they got to see their Dad. He still works a lot of hours but rarely on the weekends.

He takes me to lunch once a week... sometimes more. He also goes with me to doctors appointments if he can. He calls me at least once a day, usually more. He likes/loves just about everything I cook... even though I think any kind of juice in meat means it isn't cooked.

I love him! I love him! I love him!

11 comments:

Flea said...

Happy birthday, Mr. M!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! I used to work for Turner Construction. Construction people are different that is for sure.

Elysa said...

Awww-w-w-w-w-ww...and we MacLellans love Mr. Macchiato, aka Eyore, too!

BTW, did I spell Eyore right? It looks wrong.

Give the man our birthday greetings!!!!!

Love,
Elysa

Karen Deborah said...

awwh schweeet.
Happy birthday Eeyore.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Happy Birthday Mr M. I hope you have had a great one!

Melody said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Macchiato!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Macchiato!

Trisha said...

Happy birthday! Mr. M is a wonderful man and husband! God bless!

Mabunny said...

Sorry, just getting caught up - so happy belated bday to Mr M!
Sounds like a wonderful guy - you r lucky!

Kathy said...

A day late! Happy Birthday to you!

Deborah said...

Awwwww...that was so sweet!! Happy birthday to Mr.M!