Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yeah, yeah... I'm on a blog break, but...

I just want to let anyone who is checking in, even though I said I wasn't going to be here until the 25th, that it is no longer hot! Apparently, the key is to give your dogs a bath and get them all fluffy and smelling good. Once that is accomplished the big black clouds roll in over the horizon, the earth trembles as thunder shakes the land, and fantastical shows of lightening snap toward the ground in search of prey... Then it rains... Great torrents of rain so that your backyard overflows with mud and you are forced to gather up doggie bags before taking your dogs outside to do their bidness on their leashes... therefore granting you control of where they place their spastic paws. Read and weep oh people who are still in the land of HOT!!! We are at 63 degrees and will be going down into the 50's tonight. We have actually shut some of our windows! Oh, and, we are at 90% humidity... instead of our usual BIG FAT ZERO humidity. That means that I have been blessed with a day or two reprieve from the hour or so I spend each day slathering myself with baby oil and then lotion in an effort to stave off lizardly skin. Ahhhhhh... I might actually let Mr. Macchiato put the fan on low tonight and get under a sheet. Woo Hoo!

8 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

and how rude is that??? 100 degree days, 107 heat index NO rain in sight for days maybe weeks to come... I am soooooooooo jealous.

AmusedMomma said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! I can finally breathe again!

Nights in to the 50's -- fling open the windows and take a deep breath and let it out slowly cuz after a rain like we had it smells so wonderful.

The swamp cooler is completely useless in this kind of humidity, but no matter since the temps are so low.

And -- we must have run off the homeless man from the shed in the back yard since the rain didn't bring him here.

:-)

Trisha said...

Oh sure - come out of your blog break just to rub it in that YOU are no longer HOT! Meanwhile, I am still sweating away here in Texas! Nice!

(I am actually very happy for you but I am feeling sort of "prickly" today so . . ."

Melody said...

I'm glad that you changed your mind! I was missing your blog, so I decided to stop in and reread a post or two.

Glad to hear of your sudden temperature change. Good for you! =)

Lucy said...

Beaner, you are COOL, I mean COOLER!!!!! Imagine no humidity! I forget how dry it can be in CO. And then you welcome wet air.

Chris H said...

You like rain? Hell come on over to my place, we have had rain most days now for weeks! I hate it.

Karen Deborah said...

you are a riot, I have AC. Read it and weep.

Sheri said...

Dogs and cars! Quickest way I know to have rain show up!!!

I opened the windows last night to let in the 60 degree weather. LOVE IT!!!