Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wow... You Never Know Who is Reading

I got a very warm and encouraging e-mail from someone at Family Life Today last night. He said that he and his wife could identify with what I had written in my The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly post. He found it through a Google Alert on Dennis Rainey. At first, I was really embarrassed... I know anyone can read my blog but I tend to think of just other women and the occasional retired guy reading (Hi Mud). At the same time, I was very touched. He gave me some resources that I checked out that I want to put up here for anyone else interested. Here is part of his e-mail below:

We just got done reading a book released by FamilyLife Publishing™ called Barbara and Susan’s Guide to the Empty Nest. My wife loved it!! I hope that you will continue to turn your thoughts to your Lord. I don’t mean this to sound like a platitude. Rather, I would trust that you can dialogue with some close friends, continue to journal in your blogs and pray with “Mr MachiattoGod loves to hear your thoughts, keep Him posted too!

Also, you may want to check out some of the online resources that FamilyLife makes available to help equip you and your friends. From podcasts to blogs (FamilyLife’s
MomBlog & FamilyLife Culture Watch) and weekly award-winning E-Zines like The Family Room™ or The Marriage Memo accompany that broadcast you were referencing.

I especially liked the MomBlog. It has a bunch of different contributors and covers all the stages of being a Mom.

Gee, I wonder who else gets Google Alerts when someone puts their name on the internet?!?! Hey, GEORGE W. BUSH... you think I'll get an e-mail from a staffer at the White House? I let you know if I do.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Warren Buffet, Bill Gates....I'm hoping for samples.

Trisha said...

How cool is that? You are "famous!" I always knew you had it in ya!

Hope you are doing well - when is your appointment with the voice guy in Denver?

Flea said...

How cool! I'm going to have to play around with names on my blog. :)

Chris H said...

I have given up wondering just WHO is reading my blog! But I do know that I have had readers from 112 different countries! Scary sometimes .... somehow I don't think you will get an email from GEORGE W BUSH mate! He's a git. lol....

MUD said...

Men live to see their children leave and fly from the nest. Women want to save them long after they are grown and gone. It is fairly simple that men want to run around in their underwear and the wife want to maintain the child's bedroom as it was so they will come back. I say redecorate that room, throw the toys away and live for you. MUD
(Thanks for the shout out)

Deborah said...

hmmm...so all we have to do is drop names to get noticed! If only I'd known sooner, I could have saved myself alot of work!