Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blog Award!


Melody of Merrie Melody blessed me with this award for my blog. Melody has been enjoying the fruits of her labor through her garden. She posts pictures of her bounty that will make your mouth water and leave you considering planting a garden of your own! Thank you Melody!




These are the official blog award rules:

1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate up to 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.

This is hard for me because I want to give the Award to everyone! But, I am going to actually follow the rules on this one (shocking, I know). So, here they are, in no particular order:

Mary of Keep the Light Shining. This sweet lady's blog has been such an encouragement to me!

Deborah of Songs from my Journey. Another blog I visit when I feel the need to be encouraged and brought back round to what is really important to me.

Christine of Smiles & Trials. This is a fairly new blog to me. I am fascinated with this family! The blog is the day to day journal of life for this amazing family of 13.

Alison of RDH Mom. Alison has the story of their adoptions chronicled on her sidebar. She also has a great sense of humor!

Brenda of Living with RAD. RAD stands for Reactive Attachment Disorder and it is something that many adoptive families deal with when adopting children not adopted as infants. Her blog is full of information and encouragement as she shares her own family story as they walk through RAD personally. My three children are all natural born to us but I've found many of her insights helpful with my children as well.

Ramona of Light in Earthen Vessels. Ramona also suffers from dystonia and has a remarkable story that I plan to share parts of on this blog. She is also a fellow Christian with a real heart for family. They are raising children from all over the world.

Last, but certainly not least, is Rick of Organized Doodles. He has been an incredible source of encouragement throughout our difficulties with Chai Tea. He also recently blessed me with the caricature that will be the header for this blog. You can read about it here. Thank you Rick! I pray that you are blessed as you bless others!

You may have picked up on the fact that many of the people above have adopted children (Deborah from Songs from my Journey has as well)... We seriously considered adopting some years back but decided to put it on the back burner for awhile... and then dropped it all together. It is, at times, a painful thing for me... but, for whatever reason, I still read about it and am fascinated by the families that give of themselves that way.

16 comments:

Brenda said...

Awwww. Thanks Coffee Bean. I love your blog too.

sheshe said...

Thanks bunches, Coffee Bean! I may have to tap into your computer savviness to figure out how to post the award on my blog, but I WILL have fun passing it out to others!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

cool award and love the coffee bean pic rick drew for you! LOL its great!
hugs Laura

Rick said...

Oh hey Bean-O! You've done gone and really "Rick-ed" up both of your blogs! What can I say, but that I'm honored to have my work splashed all over the face of yours. Thank you.

And thank you for the kind reward. I am honored and I love the attention - need the attention - crave the attention.

I did an official scan of both of your illustrations today - in between my other normal Sunday activities. I'm going to try and fiddle with them just a bit and see if I can get a little better results.

Hang in the kid. Sunday is a comin'

Rick said...

Wow! That really does look good. It sure pops out at you and gets your attention. It looks very good there Bean-O! I am very happy that you like it and to do it for you.

April said...

Love Love Love the new blog banner. Is it a banner? Title art?? Header?? Anywho, love it!! I was suprised it even included Paco the terrorist. Ha!

Mary said...

I appreciate and feel honored to be given the "I Love Your Blog" award.
Thanks, my friend!

I looooove your new header!

mary

Mary said...

I removed the above comment because I had written it twice!

So, I'll add something else! I am watching the news very closely as the hurricane, Gustav, is swirling and making its way to the Gulf Coast where I live. We are all hoping and praying that it will not be as bad as Katrina and Rita was. But from the latest news, it's going to be a really bad storm. I live about approx. 350 miles West of New Orleans but we can't be sure where it will finally make land.

This morning the New Orleans mayor said, "America, pray for us, please!" Prayers are certainly needed. .

mary

Karen Deborah said...

This is cool and love your new header by Rick! Also checked out your other blog it's neat, how do you have time for 2 blogs? About those towels in the chair, did you fold those?
Ha, nag nag nag.
just teasin,....

Alison said...

thank you so much...you are the best!!!

Karen Deborah said...

ha ha very funny answering all the questions. don't you know when I'm serious or not? LOVE you beaner, you can leave all the laundry lying around you want too, it's your house!
It's amazing what we can do without TV.

Just Me said...

Oooooh! I like the new bannner!!!!

Brenda said...

Your header looks great! : )

Christine said...

Thank you so much. I look forward to looking at your blog more when I get the chance.

Flea said...

Paco the Terrorist! Great job, Rick! Congrats, CB!

thislittlepiggy said...

LOVE your blog and the new header! ;o)