Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday! Monday! Monday!

I'm sorry. I like Mondays. I do. It is true. Don't hate me.

Every Monday is like a new chance at life to me. This week will be different. No matter that it isn't. I just have this thing in me that clings to the idea that this Monday will be different. This will be the Monday.

All my diets start on Monday. A lot of times they fail on Monday too.

I have lists on Monday. Lists that will be completed this week because this is the Monday. That rarely happens.

I just can't help it. I wake up Monday morning and always feel this surge of energy. I'm filled with hope. I look toward the future and think this is it. This week is going to be the week.

This will be the Monday. I just know it.

UPDATE: 6 pm... Nope. This Monday was not the Monday. Maybe next Monday then, eh?

14 comments:

Flea said...

I go home on Monday morning now and fall asleep. It's the greatest thing ever. I highly recommend it. :)

Trisha said...

Such an optimist! I feel this way in the mornings. Yes, I am a morning person. Don't hate me!

Brenda said...

Great way to look at Mondays!! I'm going to start saying those things to myself!

Mabunny said...

Send some of that positive energy this way Coffee girl:))
I don't always hate mondays, but sometimes I do. I try to wake up positive ! Really I do!
Go check out Peachs blog, she left you a present!

Two Dogs said...

Oddly enough, I have determined that you are correct about today. It just feels right.

Good luck today.

claudia said...

I love Mondays too, but for a different reason. Mondays for me are the first day of my weekend. So of course,I love them!

Roland Hulme said...

Clearly you're not a decaffinated Coffee Bean!

Happy Monday!

Debra W said...

Oh KJ, your enthusiasm for Mondays is just killing me, my dear! You are way too bouncy for a Monday:)

I hope your week is everything that you hope it will be!

Hugs,
Debbie

Flea said...

I hated Mondays until I stop home schooling and sent my children to school. Now I love them. And I hate dieting. It's against my religion.

Becky said...

I really like Monday's when the kids go back to school. :)

The Maid

noble pig said...

I love Monday's too becuase of the possibilities. Fridays are depressing becuase I realized I didn't accomplish anything I started out to do on monday! Oh well.

Karen Deborah said...

My monday went something like this. I went to work on monday afternoon. I cam home tues morning. I ran until when the firedrill went off I thought for sure my feet were ablaze, but ya know it's all in a days work.

thislittlepiggy said...

TeeHee. :o)

Angela said...

Mondays are one of my best days..It's the weekends I become fearful of. I'm so active and busy and organized during the week, once Friday night comes and the daycare children leave..I struggle with not wanting to lay around the entire weekend. Which I pretty much did yesterday. Randy had to cook supper (well he usually does on the weekends because I don't, LOL)..it's 'fend for yourself' on the weekends for everyone around here..remember, I am layin around!!!