Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good Big Raisins Mama!

Double Shot has always been an excellent eater. He likes it all. Well, except for cauliflower. That kid is one lean mean eating machine. He's a grazer. Always hungry. Always on the hunt for something to eat. He even gets up during the night to eat. It makes us crazy sometimes.

When he was little... almost 3 years old... I was in a cleaning frenzy one day. We had a large sectional couch and he was sitting in the corner. I had a video on for him to watch. I was going back and forth down the hall and he would say things to me as I went by. He had a very deep, husky voice and spoke very slowly. I wasn't really listening to him but I tried to make him think I was. Otherwise, he would get off the couch and follow me.

Double Shot: Mama...

Me: I hear ya honey! Isn't that a good movie? What are they doing now?

Double Shot: Mama...

Me: What honey? Just give me a couple more minutes okay?

Double Shot: Mmmmmmmm... Good... big... raisins... Mama.

That brought me up short. I had sort of noticed he had something with him on the couch. I turned around to look at him and he smiled. On his lap was a brand new 2 lb. bag of prunes... half of it was gone.

We no longer had diapers in the house. I ended up calling my neighbor that lived behind us and she passed me some over the block wall. That night, as Mr. Macchiato and I lay in bed, we could hear him from his room filling his diaper. I had to change his diaper many times that night. And I've never bought another prune.

15 comments:

Chris H said...

Ewwwwww.... prunes! Funny story though!

Flea said...

Oh my! At first I thought maybe he'd found dog poo somewhere. Not that the prunes are any better! You poor thing!

Time to make the coffee!

Trisha said...

Hee Hee hee! Funny! I am sure it wasn't funny for you at the time though!

Brenda said...

HAAAAAA. I don't know why that is funny but it is. I did have to trouble getting past the words "cleaning frenzy". Please define. I'm not sure what that means.

Junebug said...

I thought maybe he was eating some raisins he found in the couch. I love prunes and they don't give me problems.

Deborah said...

I love prunes! A doctor recently told us to get some for our 9 year old son...well, yesterday he shared some with our 19 month old...what a mess I had this morning! I can't imagine what a 1/2 bag might do. LOL
Thanks again for the laugh...

Mabunny said...

Eww yuck. Sorry for the pruny poopy diapers, bet that was lovely.
My friend had a similar situation with her 3 yr old only with jalapenos. She had jar in the refrigerator of whole jalapenos.
Every now and then she would notice that her daughter would go into the kitchen. After awhile she asked her what she was doing. She said mommy I loved those hot pickles.
Hot pickles???
Turns out she ate the entire jar of jalapenos, so she was not only pooping a ton, but crying because her butt was burning!

Sheri said...

Oh, I needed that laugh!! Poor kid . . . and poor mama!

MUD said...

The wife tells a story of the morning our son went by the bedroom door and she tried to wake up but was very tired. She managed to ignore him until she heard the microwave door slam and the fan start. She rushed to the kitchen to find our son making hot chocolate. Two packages in a glass and no water. Don't know what kind of a fire that would have caused but she always got up after that. MUD

Just Me said...

So, who lost the coin toss for changing that diaper?

Kathy said...

As usual, your 'poo funnies' are the best!
Trying to catch up on line here, have been neglecting the blogs a bit. Kids, work and horrid internet connections up in the hills.

AmusedMomma said...

Giggling at the thought of it...

You are an accomplished story teller and I always am curious to read what you have to share!

Karen Deborah said...

That is hysterical! KJ thanks for the award. I am so dumb I don't know how to pick it up. Maybe it's just as well. But thanks. Did you go over to the Noble Pig today? Be sure not to miss it.

Melody said...

Too funny! :-)

Angela said...

Karen told me to come over here and check out the poo stories, and let my husband know that everything is off limits when we share about our lives,,LOL...