Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Going Home

I took this picture as the sun was going down in Colorado. We were almost home from our trip. I love to go on vacation, however, even as a kid... I loved going back home. My parents always insisted on having our house spotless before we left on our trips. We kids moaned and groaned as they literally vacuumed our way out the door. It was so nice to come home to that! Especially since most of our trips were to go camping and we were grimy and tired when we walked through the door.
a
Double Shot was moaning and groaning before we left on our trip as we were getting everything cleaned up. I couldn't have done it without Frappacino's help. At one point, she turned to him and said that it is important because it will be so nice when we got home. I don't think I ever told her how I felt coming home and why I did that... but she got it. Thinking about it makes my heart swell. Such a silly thing to make your heart swell...
a
Sometime today I am going to post the next installment of The Uneducated Housewife's Guide to Politics for the Uninterested. Only... not here. I decided to give that series its very own blog. It is named, The Uneducated Housewife's Guide to Politics. I couldn't fit for the Uninterested in the title. I need to finish the post and have some things I need to do first. If you missed the Introduction... head on over and take a peek!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Nice picture. I like coming home to a clean house too.

Just Me said...

I SO understand the psychology of coming home to a clean welcoming house.

It happens so rarely around here...

Trisha said...

My mother always insisted we clean before we left too. I always called it "cleaning for the burglers." I never really understood it but do it myself now that I have my own house!

Mabunny said...

Oh yay, will love to look at your new blog. Love the picture!

Debra W said...

It makes the vacation last a bit longer when you come home to a clean house.

Hugs,
Deb

Chris H said...

You are EXACTLY like me! I too insisit on leaving the house spotless when we leave... so it's lovely when we get home! I may drive my family nuts, but I don't care!

Flea said...

I know exactly what you mean about coming home to a clean house, but I'm also one who drags her feet about cleaning before leaving. :) There's just something about coming home after a long trip, though, isn't there? Even when home is someplace you'd rather not live. :)

And Trisha makes an interesting point. If the house is clean and burgled, you'd know, walking in, if something was missing or out of place.