Monday, June 30, 2008

Deadliest Catch

Mr. Macchiato's brother is a fisherman. So, there is Fisherman Bro and Chef Bro... and just one sister who I will call Brown Eyes. Fisherman Bro lives out on Whidbey Island in a big house on a golf course. They also have an adorable little cabin right on the beach. Fisherman Bro does most of his fishing up in Alaska but he has a little boat down on the island that he uses for some local fishing. We happened to come at just the right time because there was a little 3 day crab opener teaser last week. Crab season doesn't actually start until October 1st. Fisherman Bro gave Mr. Macchiato and Double Shot a big thrill by having them come along with him to do some crabbing. I should have given Mr. Macchiato my camera but... I was afraid something would happen to it.


The Marina where Fisherman Bro docks his boat.


His boat is back where you can't really see it.

That wall there is just feet from the cabin's back deck. The tide is in here so the water comes up almost to the top of the wall. When the tide is out there is a good bit of beach that I'll share pictures of in another post.
Here are the fearless crabbers swinging by the cabin for a quick hello. They'd already been out for a couple of hours and had put out the pots. I think it is pots... isn't it? It might be pods. I don't know. I think it is pots. Hmmmmm... maybe I should get my ears cleaned out.
Now get on back out there and catch some crab!
**Note: Mr. Macchiato pointed out to me that the identification number for Fisherman Bro's boat was visible so I had to delete several of the pictures from this post.

7 comments:

Junebug said...

This sounds like an absolutely fabulous vacation. I wish I had some kinfolk that lived in Seattle or Oregon or Alaska. What fun!

Two Dogs said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. No work, going out on the boat, beach, fresh seafood. Blah, blah, blah.

Did you go to the new spa there in Seattle that is doing the extra special facial treatments?

MORE HERE.

Two Dogs said...

Actually the treatments are in New York, but I saw that in a Seattle paper. I laughed, people are so stupid they would probably buy water in a bottle if you sold it for two dollars a bottle.

Uh, nevermind.

Flea said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! The scenery is all gorgeous! So glad the boys got out on the water.

Carin said...

Sounds like you all had just a fabulous time!

Sue said...

I love all the pictures from your road trip!

Trisha said...

So - did you get to eat any crab on your trip? I love the way that YOU didn't have to go out on the crab boat! Good for you!