Sunday, June 8, 2008

And the Winner is...

Before I get to announcing the winner of the contest, I wanted y'all to see this beautiful lapghan! It came in the mail this week from Ma Bunny at Able's Antics. A while back she had a contest to celebrate her 100th post and asked for funny wedding stories. I won! You can read my entries here. Interestingly, this is my 100th post. Ma Bunny crochets hats to raise awareness for pediatric cancer. Check her out!

I want y'all to know that from the time I posted the contest until I closed it, my blog had 1,378 visitors, 930 of which were first time visitors. Roughly 10% of those that visited went on to the National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association site or the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation site. I could never have reached that many people in my real life. There were 112 entries into the contest and 25 of you posted on your blogs about my contest and/or dystonia.

I've worked on this for many hours today... I've been reading blogs and I wanted to link each of you that posted about this and to say a bit about every single one of you and your blogs. I've lost it all twice just as I was nearing the end. I do not know what I am doing wrong or if it is a problem with blogger. At this point, I am afraid to attempt it again.

The winner is...


Congratulations The Cotton Wife!

Please e-mail your address to



Thank You !!!

17 comments:

noble pig said...

Congrats to the cotton wife...yahoo!

Mary said...

Well, I will still continue to get my Starbucks frappuccino EVERY week but congratulations to cotton wife on the win!
In fact, I'm going to Starbucks this morning. I'll celebrate both wins. . cotton wife AND coffee bean :)


mary

Mabunny said...

Congrats to cotton wife:))

You look great with your lapghan Kelly! Thanks for the shoutout!
Have a great day

Laura ~Peach~ said...

awesome! I am so thrilled to hear how many were reached! thats totally cool!
Congratulations cotton wife :D
HUGSSSSSSS
Laura

Laura ~Peach~ said...

ohhhh and I LOVE THE LAPGAN its beautiful!
Happy 100th post to you~!
more hugs

Trisha said...

Thank YOU for such a great contest and geting the word out! By the way - the lapghan is beautiful and I loved your wedding story!

TheCottonWife said...

Thanks so much Coffee Bean!! I'm gonna need that Starbucks in a few weeks when my third little chillun gets here.

I decided to have a contest on my blog this week in sort of a "Pay It Forward" kind of way. Come on over and enter to win a magazine voucher!

Just Me said...

Congratulations to The Cotton Wife!

I'm glad your contest touched so many people.

Brenda said...

Beautiful lapghan! Congrats Cotton Wife!

Melody said...

Your lapgan is beautiful!

And thanks for the contest fun! Congrats cotton wife! :-)

MUD said...

Since turning over 10,000 visits on my site, I have not had one comment. You had over 130 comments on your contest site. I guess people only comment if it is worthwhile. I am happy that someone else got the Starbucks coupon. Our only store is clear on the other side of town and with their prices I would have to shell out some of my own money to get a cup of coffee. MUD

tj said...

...Congrat's to 'the cotton wife'! Enjoy that Starbucks card baby! ;o)

...Thanks Coffeebean for the giveaway - you rock! lol... And love the lapghan too KJ! That looks perfect to chase the chill on cool summer evenings when you're sitting outside with lovey enjoying a glass of wine, mmm hmmm... ;o)

...Blessings... :o)

Elysa said...

Congratulations to Cotton Wife and congratulations to you, Kelly, for hosting such a great giveaway and for such a worthy cause.

I love you, darling!

BTW, I heard a public radio story about a charter school in C.S. I think it was J's school. Man! Was I impressed!!!

Kathy said...

That's a lot of folks to reach! Good idea and good job. I love the picture of you. AND congrats to cotton wife.

Memaw's memories said...

Congrats on winning the contest.

After reading the definition of Spasmodic Dysphonia, I think my grandmother had it. She could only say the first part of any word and it was sometimes garbled. My grandfather took her to the Mayo Clinic when I was a small child so that had to be over 50 years ago. There was nothing they could do for her. I don't think she was born with this condition. It came on as an adult.

Rick said...

I lost again! This is becoming a habit of yours... having me lose. I don't know what I'm going to do with you.

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Ecolo said...

Great contest - thanks for getting the word out about SD.