Saturday, May 17, 2008

I Want an Accent... Darnit!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
 

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The Inland North
 
The West
 
The Northeast
 
Philadelphia
 
Boston
 
The South
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


I guess it is Doohickey Week here at The Righteous Buzz. I took this little quiz Thursday over at Flea's. I then saw that Karen at Fresh Fixins got ahold of it Friday. I came up Midland... which means no accent. I am so unremarkable... boring... Do you know Mr. Macchiato actually told me I was plain once? While I was crying (not really... more like shooting hate filled lazer beams through his very soul) he explained it was a good thing... like vanilla. VANILLA!!!That I was wholesome, like the girl next door type. Yeah, whatever buddy. I want to hear that I am SMOKIN' HOT!!! Of course, he'd probably have to be smoking something to say that to me.

So, I think I should have an accent. I don't want to be non-descript. I want to be unique and EXCITING!!! But... I have SD. So, unfortunately, my accent is quivery old lady whose dying of emphysema from smoking two packs of cigarettes for 40 years. Yeah, I am 41. I must have started early.

How about a blog accent? We could all say we have blog accents... yesssss! I can be a trendsetter here! I'm starting something new! I'm starting something exciting! You heard it here first people! I am NOT VANILLA! I am... I am...

WHACKED!!!

13 comments:

AmusedMomma said...

Woman -- you don't have a voice like you describe! You have a voice like a raspy whisper. You can still even make it sultry! But your laugh is still you -- all you and doesn't sound different, only quieter.

You be too hard on you-self!

Flea said...

You are a subtle blend of coffee, cinnamon and chocolate, topped with a light whipped cream. Isn't that a Cinnamon Dolce Latte? That's you!

My husband used to tell me the same thing. After I beat him up for the third time, he stopped saying it. Not really. He still says it.

Trisha said...

I took the accent thing and came up as "The West." I was born in Ohio (the northern part) but currently live in Dallas - which is one of the places they said I might live. I don't know - I think it is good we don't really have an accent - after all - that lets SD give us an accent. Can you imagine having a heavy accent AND SD? That would be interesting!

I do like thinking you have a Blog accent. Not quite sure what that would sound like exactly but . . .
Go for it!

Coffee Bean said...

Dang... I just posted this briefly to make sure it looked all right and then was going to have it post tomorrow morning! Mr. Macchiato came home with a bunch of grub so we stuffed our faces and y'all already commented. I guess I'll leave it up and change the date in the morning. Tomorrow is going to be a hairy day... we've got a graduation and three different parties to go to. Oy!

Chris H said...

HA! Seems I have a Northwest American Accent... and I ain't even American! I'm a Kiwi, through and through! lol

OKGardners said...

Hey, since I "outrank" you in age, I'll give you MY opinion of you.

You are a radiant, happy-looking, healthy woman with an exciting look who is eager to try new things and open to change. (NOT PLAIN VANILLA!)

I am from Oklahoma and have more of a Southern accent (so I'm told) - but the quiz came up with Midland (The West) and that is OK with me. At least folks can understand me.

Just remember - YOU are the vivacious person that God made you to be. Enjoy your busy day tomorrow. Some days there is NOTHING to do, so enjoy each event.

Betty in Oklahoma

April said...

I came up midland too, which is very odd because my husband says I sound a little southern. When I'm tired I do a little. I say dawg instead of dog. And somehow I make it two syllables. Duh-hawg. Whatever! I want a British accent. No matter what they are saying it always sounds so lovely and proper. Love it!

And I love the blog accent. You are so not vanilla. You are Mocha Almond Fudge baby! With caramel, whipped cream and the cherry! Take that Mr. Machiato! :)

Chris H said...

Edit: not that it matters, but I meant NorthEAST, not west! derrr

tj said...

...Yeah, I'm Midland too so your not alone there girl. :o) And what's wrong with vanilla? Did you know in the 1600's it was a drink reserved for only the very rich and wealthy? And did you know it is produced largely in Madagascar? And vanilla actually comes from an orchid... If you need an accent just say you have a Madagascar accent! lol... ;o)

...And to hear you being so hard on yourself when everytime I visit here I see your photo up there and I always think to myself, "she is so pretty"... And there are many actresses who made it big because of their raspy voices - what about Demi Moore? Mmm hmmm, she got Ashton Kutcher with a raspy voice... (*wink,wink,nudge*)

...Keep your chin up Miss Coffeebean! :o)

...Blessings to you...

Karen Deborah said...

The crazy thing can't hear a southern accent a mile away. I've got one but I know how stuff is supposed to sound.
I keep forgetting about the SD and you. I hear you every day when I read what your saying. And umm your just adorable kj, really....

Becky said...

Okay mine says that I came up as "The West"...funny, cuz that was my maiden name.

It also said that I was some kind of subhuman lowlife so cal surfer with no accent and could be from anywhere.

Upyours doohickey.

Thanks for the "info"

The Maid

thislittlepiggy said...

I got Midland too. Odd because I'm definitely a southern piggy. Snort.

Vanilla is a good thing. Just think of all the stuff that you can dress yourself up with. Hot fudge... Strawberry...

noble pig said...

I am the west but I don't feel I have an accent!