1. As a coffee nut here, what's your favorite coffee and coffee additive?
Well... truthfully, I prefer tea. I do drink coffee (Trader Joe's French Roast is probably my fav) but I have to put all kinds of flavored stuff (Southern Butter Pecan is my fav) and sweetener in it. I drink tea straight. I do love the fru fru drinks from Starbucks... like the caramel macchiato, chai tea latte, frappacinos and seasonal drinks. However, I absolutely love the smell of coffee. I chose to give us all coffee names on this blog because years ago we had some friends that we joked around with about opening a coffee shop and calling it The Righteous Buzz. Also, my name is Kelly Jean... so... Coffee Bean... And that is much better than Tea Bag.
2. Who is your favorite author/ favorite book?
Gosh... you know, I was an avid novel reader when I was younger but once I started homeschooling I pretty much just read curriculum, parenting books or bible studies. My favorite novel of all time is Jane Eyre. I loved the Chronicles of Narnia when I was a kid and actually wrote a VBS curriculum that our church used a couple of years ago (the year the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe came out). One of my guilty pleasures that I indulge in once a year or so (usually while on vacation) is to read a Mary Higgins Clark mystery or a John Grisham book. I breeze right through them. I have been trying to read a novel but can't get into it because the author made some mistakes right at the beginning by describing some things that were not even in existence at the time of the heroine's childhood... I hate that I think of stuff like that and that it bugs me as much as it does. I just cannot immerse myself into a story if stuff doesn't make sense of fit.
3. Can I borrow some of your motivation?
I don't really see myself as being motivated... but, uh... sure.
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
My baby brother... holding him, feeding him... him running to me when he was hurt. I loved sitting with him in our big chair and watching shows like the Brady Bunch and Flipper. He would lean his head on me and he had the cutest hands.
Being alone and swinging on my swing set. I loved to go higher and higher. I especially loved it on windy days. I would tilt my head back and look at the sky and just feel free. I remember a day in particular when there were big, puffy clouds and the sun's rays were breaking through and I never wanted to go back inside.
The smell of a brand new baby doll.
2. What is your favorite form of relaxing?
Blogging, of course.
3. Where do you hope to see yourself in 10 years?
Doing something that helps others.
1. How did you and your Hunny meet?
His Jewish girlfriend brought him to the Christian church I was attending.
2. Who said I love you first?
3. Do your children do their own laundry?
1. Are you a morning bird or a night owl?
Total early bird.
2. Other than dog or cat, what is your favorite animal?
Lions or Dolphins.
1. When are we going out for coffee?
When are you free?
2. What is under your bed right NOW?
Oh my gosh. This is a bit embarrassing... nothing but the speakers to our stereo.
3. Ok, I know this one might cause some angst, but what is your favorite parenting book?
None of them. I hate them.
4. What do you and Mr. M. plan to do when all these teenagers are gone? You'll be quite the youngsters still...
Whatever we please and whenever we please!
5. What is your favorite Neil Diamond song? And who sang the best Neil Diamond song last night on American Idol?
I am, I said. Brooke sang it last night and I loved it! But, she got voted off tonight! Grrrr. I liked Neil Diamond's new song he sang tonight... although a little repetitive. You didn't ask, but I want David Cook to win.
1. What pisses you off THE MOST in your life?
That I struggle with my weight the way I do. Right now I am a big ole Fatty Mc Fatso.
2. What would you buy if you had a spare $1000 to spend???
I've been perusing your back entries on your blog so I know you like to shop! I hope you will still like me... but I hate to. I'd probably have my husband pay a bill.... or get some furniture for our basement... or give it to a charity... or replace the windshield on my daughter's car... I don't know and I'm getting stressed just thinking about it.
1. How many pairs of shoes do you have, right now? (Personal info, I know.)
2. Do you belong to a public library system? Why or why not?
Yes, but I am paying some one's salary there because I always wrack up the fines. Mr. Macchiato says I should just buy the books I want to read because it would be cheaper.
3. What version(s) do you own of the Holy Bible? (Really Personal)
I have many... NIV, American Standard, Living, gosh... I can't think of them all... I have them for reference. The one I read is the New King James Version.
Thanks so much y'all. Lurkers be sure to click on the names of all who asked questions to check out their blogs! I'll be visiting y'all to ask YOU some questions!