Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weird Weather/Weird Life

The weather here in Colorado is very unpredictable. Last week we had some very cold days with snow but then last weekend was beautiful with warm breezes and a lot of sunshine. Yesterday two wildfires broke out and there's been some loss of life and property. It amazes me how quickly things can move from one extreme to another. We are supposed to get rain/snow later this afternoon, so hopefully that will take care of the fires. Our prayers are definitely going out to all of those affected.

My life is also very unpredictable. Our daughter agreed to go to counseling with us yesterday. Wow. That is definitely good news and a ray of light cutting through the dark clouds giving us a glimmer of hope that we are moving in the right direction.

6 comments:

Flea said...

WOW. Congratulations. I'll be praying for all of you. Open lines of communication and your voice to be strong enough.

We had torrential rain for days last week, and now fire alerts. The wind dries everything out so quickly in Oklahoma!

Brenda said...

YEAH! I'm so glad she agreed to go. I will probably be in CO in Sept for a week for a seminar. Around the Vale area.

MUD said...

Crap, if my family ever went to a group counseling session it would have to be a family reunion. Our problem is not keeping it bottled up, it is spewing it like a hot pop, All Shook Up".
We have been on the receiving end of some weird weather here also. We had one day of snow and today it will be 70. I just pray that no idiot starts a fire and burns it all the way from Oklahoma to Nebraska. MUD

Trisha said...

I am so glad that your daughter is going to go to counseling with you. I know that while things might never be perfect, this is a good first step!

I think everywhere has its own wacky weather - in Texas is can be raining one minute and sunny the next. Oh - and the rain doesn't come straight down - it comes down sideways - who would have thought??

Scarlett Wanna Be said...

That is the best news I have heard all week! I am going to be giving up big praises tonight.

Hey, friend, if I could put you in my coffee cup I would...that way I could cut back on sugar since you are already so sweet. (Isn't that a great pick-up line? Mr.Coffee Bean should use it on you some time.) Anyway, I mean it, you are a sweetie and deserve so many wonderful things!!!

nancypants said...

We have crazy unpredictable weather here in Calgary too.

I'm so glad she agreed to go... this is my first visit to your blog but still, I'm glad for you about this development. :^)