Monday, April 21, 2008

Lordy, Lordy!

Short post today. All that laundry that was on my couch on Saturday is still there. We went to some friends' house for dinner. Not the prom friends. Different friends. It got all wrinkled so I just left it. I have mad lazy girl laundry skills. Just so you know. Am I going to wash everything over? No. Are we going to wear wrinkly clothes? No. Am I going to iron everything? HECK NO. I am going to pop each load back into the dryer for about 15 minutes with five wet washcloths and then I am going to fold them immediately. No one will ever know. No one except you, dear friends.

Regrettably, there are articles of my clothing that will have to go through the rinse cycle... with extra softener. Why? I am an Amazon Queen from the Land of Gargantuan People. I inadvertently, in my rush to get laundry done, put some of my things in the dryer. That means shrinkage. I will have to get them wet and stretch them back out and then hang them to dry. This is really an art form. I've learned that, with certain fabrics, if I stretch them out and let them dry and then rinse them again with extra softener, I can actually sometimes get things longer than when I bought them. But, the dryer is a big NO NO.

So, that is what I will be doing today. Laundry re-con. And dishes. And vacuuming. And dusting. And STRESSING. Today is the day we see the counselor with Chai Tea. So, any prayers y'all could send up for us would be so greatly appreciated.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Prayers said. I did not know you could stretch clothes back out like that. You should send it in to Good Housekeeping.

Elysa said...

Praying.

And I can so relate to the laundry issues. And yes, I have to stretch things out again, also. :(

Karen Deborah said...

OK now your just plain meddlin. Who said that anybody could confess to the laundry stretching routine? No one is supposed to know that the clothes lines wrapped around my carport are so I can still get my stuff on! I will not buy a bigger size. If I wind up butt nekkid the humiliation may get me to quit eating chocolate covered banana chips, but then again there is spandex....

Mabunny said...

Prayers for sure!

Also, I do the laundry thing, lol. Mine get stuffed in baskets instead of heaps on the couch. If I did that they would need to get washed again becasue my dogs would think it was huge comfy bed just for them.

did i forget to wash my daughters school skirt? yup.. solution? febreeze and 10 mins in the dryer.. lol.
if it really is dirty and not just her freaking out because she wore it two days in a row, then she can wear her shorts or pants...

( she goes to a charter school where uniforms are mandatory)

and a side note to coffee.. thank you so much for your kind words when I was going thru that mess at work that was giving me grief gut and sleepless nights. I thik everything has finally calmed down and I got some stuff worked out. The other isn't big enough to keep worrying about so I won't.
Hope all goes well for you today.
/fingers crossed

Kathy said...

Prayers for a peaceful, productive meeting. You must miss her terribly.
I hate to admit that I already know the clothes trick.
Laundry gets so much easier when it's just 2. It was a breeze when I was solo, but I prefer ' folding for 2'.

Chris H said...

I slept in ya tart! I have posted already already..... nice to know ya care!

Debra w said...

Hi Sweet Friend!

Sorry I cannot relate to having to stretch the laundry out as everything is too long on me to begin with. Being only 4'10" I have to get EVERYTHING shortened, even the petites. Sounds like you are on the other end of the spectrum.

Keeping you in my prayers as you meet with your daughter and the counselor. Wish I could give you a big hug because I know how stressful this is for you. Remember to breathe, my friend.

Hugs,
Debbie

MUD said...

The wife and I often share the laundry task and I hang everything up as I take it out of the dryer. I am not sure if the iron works.
MUD

dlyn said...

Prayers going up. And I do the same thing with my clothes in the dryer. If I am lucky I actually remember to take them out and fold them after re-drying.