Monday, March 31, 2008

Marvelous Monday

Why do so many people hate Mondays? I don't. Of course, I don't work either. Outside the home that is. Mondays are full of hope for me. It is the beginning of a brand new week and a chance to start things off right. The fact that things often go sour before the end of the day doesn't keep me from still having that spark of hope the first thing every Monday morning.

I am a list maker. I rarely accomplish all of the things on my lists but I still make them. I almost always have a list for Monday, but not today. Not yet.

Mr. Macchiato takes the kids to school most mornings. They all just rushed out the door and have left the house to settle into the quiet that is my mornings once they are gone. HA! Once that door shut Paco began his squawking serenade, Benny his demands for belly rubs and ear scratches, and Lu Lu's frantic scrambles to get away from the exuberance of 78 lbs of pure energy. Booper is thundering throughout the house and his low growls tell me I need to go find him and rescue either socks, underwear, or a washcloth from his mouth. He gets so excited when he gets ahold of things he shouldn't and he does this growl thing. It is the only time he does it and it is hilarious. There he is... hmmm. He's got paper. He wants me to come take it from him.

It's going to be a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Elysa said...

Praying that it DOES stay a beautiful day for you, sweet Kelly.

Karen Deborah said...

Well, it wasn't a good day for me today. Trying to rescue it. I'm so glad your back. I thought I had the only bad dog. She was dragging around a big rose clipping today. You'd think the thorns would discourage her. Oh well. I finally put my throw rugs down and she peed on the best one. I just stood there and told my husband to take her out back and shoot her in the head. He didn't do it. I'm a list maker too, but nowadays I loose the stinkin list.